Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mwtroubum

Any other Home Brewers???

Just Curious if there are any other homebrewers on here...If so, What, in your opinion, is the best Partial Mash kit of Porter on the market?

Sorry can't answer your question although I used to brew at home quite a bit. My brother in law and I had a nice little gravity set up going. Made some good tastes in those days. The best we ever made was a porter and then aged it in some used oak bourbon barrels. My mouth still waters when I think of it, it was a sad day when we opened the top on the last one. I haven't brewed in years but my bother in law is now a masterbrewer for Deschutes Brewing.

You brought back some great memories. I used to homebrew with a good friend back in my grad school days. Haven't tried it since, but you have got me thinking I should dust off the hydrometer. Just what I need, another hobby!

Sorry I can't answer your question though. But it would be nice to know some of your favorites.

Mike.

There in lies the problem, as I am fairly new at it...LOL. I am out right now and was forced to actually buy beer this last week :wacko: So once we get settled in the new house, I will have to brew up a couple of batches, one of which will be a porter. This running out of homebrew is for the birds..LOL

You guys got a website for me if I'm interested in getting into brewing???

www.homebrewtalk.com pretty much the best homebrew forum I found.

I haven't made any home brews in over a year, it is enjoyable and need to do some more as I am out as well.

You guys got a website for me if I'm interested in getting into brewing???

www.homebrewtalk.com pretty much the best homebrew forum I found.

I haven't made any home brews in over a year, it is enjoyable and need to do some more as I am out as well.

Looks good, thx