Hook: Any Good bass bug hook 1/0 to 2

Thread: UTC Black 140 Thread

Tail: yellow Marabou

Side: Green 2mm craft foam

Top/bottom: Chartreuse 2mm craft foam

Legs: Black Rubber Legs

Eyes: Xtra small doll eyes

Marks: Brown Sharpie

First off start your thread and take it to the back of the shank. Tie in 3 plumes of marabou. You can tie in all 3 at the same time but I usually do it one at a time. You can vary the colors if wanted. Make sure to take it almost to the eye cause that is your dam to hold the foam in later steps.

rsz_cimg3359.jpg

With your thread at the halfway mark between the tip and the barb tie in a piece of green foam. Mine are usually about 2 1/4 inches long cause it gives me a little room to work with. Have the sides at the rear cut off a tiny bit after the hook starts to bend.

rsz_cimg3360.jpg

With your bodkin make a hole in the center of the foam. Don't make the foam really tight. Put a little superglue at the end of the dam you made. Now thread the foam over the eye and let the glue set.

rsz_cimg3361.jpg

Now tie off the other side of the foam in the same spot as the original size. Now trim the foam to match the other side. I cut it at an angle. Why? No real reason I just do.

rsz_cimg3363.jpg

This part can be a little tricky. Tie in the bottom piece of chartreuse foam the same length as the sides.

rsz_cimg3365.jpg

Same as above make a hole in the middle of the foam and thread it over the eye and tie it off. Cut it just a little longer than the sides. I also cut it in an arrow shape.

rsz_cimg3367.jpg

This is what it should look like from the top and sides.

rsz_cimg3370.jpg

Tie in 3 black rubber legs on each side. They length us up to you. I always tie them in bunched up.

rsz_cimg3371.jpg

With your bodkin, separate your rubber legs.

rsz_cimg3374.jpg

Now glue in your doll eyes. Make sure to get them center vertically on the green foam.

rsz_cimg3375.jpg

Tie off your thread and the fly can be done if you want. I take a brown sharpie and just make random dots all over the chartreuse foam.

rsz_cimg3376.jpg

Here are some more variations...

rsz_cimg3356.jpg

rsz_cimg3354.jpg

rsz_cimg3355.jpg

Nice tie Dustin, I think my non fly fishing buds in Florida could use these with a light spinning outfit....time to get tying!

Nice work Mr. Vegas, and WB! I think i was starting to worry about you....Where is my package? :ph34r: hehehe

Thats right, the hooks. PM your address again since the change over I lost all my PM's. I am sending a couple things out tomorrow and I can add that to it. Also I have some other stuff for you that you need to try :)

I needed a simple frog pattern, this one's perfect, thanks. Love the blog too 150 followers is such little time, Wow! Doing great keep it up.

I needed a simple frog pattern, this one's perfect, thanks. Love the blog too 150 followers is such little time, Wow! Doing great keep it up.

Thanks! Blogging has been and its been nice helping people with patterns and techniques. How fast it grew completely blew me away!