Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tailn'Jax

Some Redfish Flies

Here are some flies I've put together for my fishery in northeast Florida. We have dark soft mud bottom, so dark colors are usually my go to, but I do use some lighter colored patterns as well on bright sunny days, and when the water is clear in late fall and winter.

3814b273.jpg

b9062f03.jpg

PB230513.jpg

d5c9465c.jpg

40966587.jpg

P3120994.jpg

PB220484.jpg

Killer looking flies and some nice reds! I really like the segmented legs on the second one and the deer hair one looks great

Those all look like they would slam redfish!

If you dont mind me asking, could you tell us/me what you used for the flies in the very first picture?

Great looking bugs for reds. I particularly like the first pattern. You might want to try that same tie with fl. yellow or fl. green thread on the nose. I've been using something similar in purple for a few years back in the interior of the 'Glades....

Tight Lines

Bob LeMay

Ifly that first fly has a craft fur tail with gold flash, Ep sparkle brush in purple, and flared deer belly up front.

Ifly that first fly has a craft fur tail with gold flash, Ep sparkle brush in purple, and flared deer belly up front.

Ok, thanks for that. I already tied one up in a polar color using white EP fiber for the tail, polar Krystal Flash, purple/white sparkle brush, and flared white bucktail. Goin yakkin today and im taking the fly rod so i might try out the one i tied if the water is fairly clear for the lighter color. Thanks again

Hey, could you give the pattern formula for the last fly. ( it is the third picture from the bottom) Thanks!

Tail: Rabbit strip (looked again, looks like craft fur too)

"Head': Spun deer hair. Trimmed to shape.

I'm really like'n the flys and they seem to be a favorite of the reds. I'm tying for my trip to LA in Nov using the same colors you've tyed up. Here is a blue claw crab I'm trying out when I get on the water along with bunny strip flys in your purple color....it was killer last year

post-18342-0-32911900-1316394731_thumb.jpg