Fly Tying
Robert M

Have you ever.............

Have you ever ticked (read pissed off) your other half enough that they threw out your fly tying desk? Well I did, lost a vice a bunch a materials, hooks, thread and flies plus the board I used as a desk.

Needless to say I am flying pretty low under the radar right now.

Sheesh!

Nice but I have too many years invested.

Ya, that splitting your pension in half can make you think twice about "movin on"!smiley-think005.gif

Too bad about the equipment; I'll bet the garbage man went home happy with HIS new toys!!! smiley-happy036.gif

I don't know what you did to set her off, but you might want to sleep with one eye open for a few nights!!smiley-angry009.gif

Whoa! No no, this sorta stuff has never happened to me, hope you get it all sorted out!

You must have done something awful!

There is only one way to get on your wife's good side after something like this. Crawl! But with dignity of course!

Wow Bob, that sucks! I've probably pissed my wife off that much once or twice in the 32 years we've been married, but she would never dare throw away my tying stuff! That would be unforgivable! :blink:

She might however, not speak to me for a few weeks & I might have to sleep in my tying room, or the bed of my truck! <_<

Man, tough call! Time heals all wounds, but crawling & begging helps too! :unsure:

Oh man that stinks! Sorry to hear about that! If my wife ever did that I wouldn't speak to her until all my things were replaced! My old lady knows that my tying bench is a "restricted area" and I don't think she would ever do that. Just to be safe, I'll mind my manners from now on.

In all seriousness though, that's awful. I feel for ya. I would feel almost..."violated" if that happened to me. I wish you the best of luck getting your bench up and running.

If kids tell me that they were grounded by there parents, I ask if they want to share with the class why they were grounded, so the other kids can learn from their mistake.

so, what did you do? We all have an interest in knowing (because we are human) to help keep our materials safe.

Sounds like you stepped over the line. However, your wife's response was to step over the line in turn compounding the problem...

Is your wife computer literate?? Does she know you post here??

Your computer might be next!!!

:o :angry: :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

so, what did you do?

Probably one of the worst things you can do "I took her for granted was paying more attention to my fly fishing then her." Well she fixed that now didn't she.

I should have seen it coming, My bad.

Your computer might be next!!!

:o :angry: :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

My computer is her computer except at work so she would be cutting off her nose to spite her face.

I mean I know I "F"'d up but jeez a large chunk of my tying stuff.