Fly Tying
Frank G. Swarner III

Erie Steelhead Trip - Jan. 2005 - Official Signup

QUOTE (Dornug @ Jan 3 2005, 11:53 AM)

How much money we talkin' about Sarah? tongue.gif

Enough to keep you in stock with feathers and fur for some time to come! blink.gif tongue.gif Oh yeah, plus bail money.....for two!

Anybody that is going and needs my cell phone number please PM me sometime today. I will be online for a few this evening before we leave very early tomorrow morning. Send me you cell number as well. headbang.gif

Best of luck to all who are making this trip. I expect to see lots of pictures, both of fish and Will passed out in the trailer LOL laugh.gif

Pound back a few of those wings for me at the Avoina Tavern wink.gif

QUOTE (Pujic @ Jan 5 2005, 02:14 PM)
Best of luck to all who are making this trip. I expect to see lots of pictures, both of fish and Will passed out in the trailer LOL laugh.gif

Pound back a few of those wings for me at the Avoina Tavern wink.gif

I'll be snapping away with my new camera.

Theresas deli for lunch and the Avoinia Tavern by night. headbang.gif

Steelhead baby ooooooooowwwwww

Guys,

Good luck: hope the weather does not treat ya too badly.

Wish I could go: good or bad weather. And Yes, I would bring bail $$$$$$$$$$.

Have a good trip,

tidbit

I have a couple of new questions:

Can a PA fishing license be purchased online? I'd like to get it before hand so there's no delay in fishing.

Secondly, how is this weather going to affect the fishing? I haven't talked to Shoe yet (I will in the morning) but I'm sure we're coming either way. I was just wondering how this snow fall and warmer temps later in the weekend would treat the rivers/creeks. I see some areas have flood warnings.

Thanks......

Hi Dornug.

Im not sure if you can purchase license on line for Pa or not.

But I do know that you have to pass Poor-Richards to get to most of the streams, and they are set up to get you in and out with the propper license, quickly.

I see some areas have flood warnings

I have been there 3 times, during foul weather and we found out that a few of the streams can clear up in around 6 hours.Others may take a day or so.

I think the window of opportunity will work out just fine. biggrin.gif

We are going to leave shortly, from Cinti , so see you there. headbang.gif

LW

Here is the online link. Best off buying it online everyone is out of the trout/erie stamps that you need. I've been trying since the first to find a place that has them. The are having the same problem in Erie as well.

http://www.theoutdoorshop.state.pa.us

--

I'll be heading up to Erie early Sat. Was hoping for early Friday but the Used Jeep Wrangler I picked may not make that long of a trip so I'll have to use the wifes car.

I called Poor Richard's. They have trout stamps and licenses which will be required this weekend. I'm gonna try online to make sure. Thanks for the responses and we'll see you fellas Saturday evening.

Just talked to Will. They arrived safe and sound driving through an ice storm.

They fished for 30 min until the creeks became unfishable. The run of will stop with the colder temps. With no more rain in the forecast. I'd say Friday afternoon and Saturday will be dandy. You MI guys better be stoked for some steel. I have a feeling will be in to fish.

Truck is all packed and the alarm is set for 4:45 am. Should be streamside no later than 8:30. That is if Will is awake.

Everyone drive safe !

Drive Safe JJ, I'll be heading up Sat Morning staying till Sun Night at Dark.

Good luck tomorrow.

Well, there's been a police report filed.......... bugeyes.gif . Chromium smacked a deer on the way down. blink.gif The van sounds like is banged up a bit but drivable.....until today. While backing up from a parking spot on the river, the cvc(???) joint busted and the tow truck was called. Chromium, Dornug, and Shoe will make it home sometime! wink.gif

This tops the kidney stone excuse. dry.gif

damn, i thought i had bad luck on long trips like that sarah.

cv joints suck, i had one go out on me and they are a pain in the arse to replace. as for the deer, not much you can do about that one right?

are they gonna get any fishing in or just head home?

the kidney stone excuse, thats funny but i am sure it wasnt at the time smile.gif

QUOTE (flyfishenvy @ Jan 9 2005, 07:24 PM)
are they gonna get any fishing in or just head home?

They had planned on fishing tomorrow and returning in the evening. They're going to stick with that and rent a car in the a.m. The van is dropped off and may be left behind until it can be repaired or they might even stay till Tuesday if it can be repaired that quickly. dry.gif

As many miles combined as all three travel in a year, the unfortunates are quite minimal, thank goodness laugh.gif(you know they are still having fun! wink.gif )

Look forward to hearing the fishing reports!

Man!!!.......that stinks!!!

I sure hope the fishing is good after all that!