Fly Tying
Frank G. Swarner III

Erie Steelhead Trip - Jan. 2005 - Official Signup

Yea the blindfold idea sounds good.......we all know how Shoe likes to broadcast the "spots" rolleyes.gif If I'm going in January there better be a few left in the "spot" once you guys get done with them dry.gif

laugh.gif

Some bunch of fisherman, someone plans a trip and everyone runs and hides.

To bad for you guys we are fishing the Avalon Trib for Blond Fish and Red Fish. I heard they are a nibblin at least on live bait so that leaves a good many of you fellas out. devil.gif

I'll PM you Airhead

You guys can't educate em, I can only catch the dumb ones unsure.gif

Man I wish I could get up there this weekend.

QUOTE (Airhead @ Dec 9 2004, 11:05 PM)

Funny thats what my wife says about fisherman! bugeyes.gif

Your wife says that about ALL men. bs.gif

I guess I better snoop around all of your flyboxes. Those fish have weird taste buds

so,,, i am having knee surgury dec. 22. not MAJOR, but taking cartalige out. sad.gif

I dont know if i will be cleared to wade yet by jan. 8th.

I also start school again the 5th. in Dayton, oh. 3 hours from cleveland, which is what, 3 more hours from erie pa?

man i wish i could go though.... i need the guidance. sad.gif

Joe

Dont say knee surgury bugeyes.gif my knee gonna be wrapped tighter than a SOB for this trip i'm just hopin I make it through the whole trip without many problems myself unsure.gif

If you get a chance to make it Joe let us know, well get ya onto some steelies headbang.gif

SD

well im not one to sit around and do nothing. i always recover fast anyway.

i got through ACL reconstruction rehab in 4 months, they said 6. thats alot bigger deal than what im having done. crutch.gif

i dont know how long they say it will be to recover from this, 3 weeks ive heard.

i mapquested the trip it said 5 hours. if my knee is able to handle it, id be up for it.

Joe

Ah you can handle it Joe. I was in Erie three weeks after spending a couple months in a wheelchair laugh.gif

Hope you make it, we always have a good time cool.gif

Are we still gonna try to get trailers or play it by ear and see how the conditions are gonna be?

Well i'm planning on being there even if theres 3 ft of snow so the only thing that will keep me from it is if the river is totally iced over, even then i have an axe flex.gif

Will send me the info on the traliers....did they get the heat fixed there??

Here's the link: http://www.fishlakeerie.com/thunderbird/

Yea the heat should be working, I don't think that will be a problem.....fingers crossed! We stayed at them in April and there wasn't another soul(besides somebody running from the police). We shouldn't have a problem getting one, we did back in the fall during the peak of the run.

You can pretty much count me in for at least one day of the trip. I'm not sure what my schedule looks like just yet, but I should be able to manage one day at least.

As for the weather, unless it's a blizzard of biblical proportions, I'll be heading up. Although as we found out yesterday in Erie, they obviously don't believe in rock salt!