Fly Tying
Frank G. Swarner III

Erie Steelhead Trip - Jan. 2005 - Official Signup

I'm still in on the trailer, but I'm going to wait to see what the weather does before I make reservations. It seems like winter is finally starting to take a good hold.

I had originally planned on calling the Thunderbird on monday after Christmas, but I would rather wait until later in the week to be safe.

Chip

Just talked to my buddy thats coming with me, looks like we're all set to make the trip. we'll be leaving the afternoon of the 7th and staying till mid day on the 11th. Look forward to meeting you guys that I havent had the chance to meet yet and slayin some steel with ya cool.gif

SD

My fate has been sealed.

I just made contact with Pat in Painesville. Looks like I will pick up my riggers on the way to Erie. Now there's no excuse not to show up. I'll catch up with you guys Saturday night. Pat also offered a stream conditions report prior to our arrival.

Looks like Pat (Dornug) and John (Airhead) will also be in attendance if everything pans out.

Can't wait to shake hands with a bunch of you. dry.gif Oh boy....

That's awesome Ralf headbang.gif

Yea best bet is to stay away from Steve, he mentioned something about a new "toy" for the Erie trip unsure.gif

I dont think Bob's available, He is busy mounting the buck he got this morning!

Here is a pic laugh.gif

user posted image

LW laugh.gif

We need to pitch in to buy OSD some drawers for Christmas laugh.gif

Just saw some reports on erie streams, sounds like most of the slower pools are getting ice on the slack water now sad.gif BUT on a good note they didnt get the huge snow storm that they thought they were going to get and about thursday their expecting a high of around 40 degree with maybe some rain so that would blow the ice out of the creeks.

keep your fingers crossed guys........Kevin go wash your truck on thursday if its above 32 degrees wink.gif

A little ice never killed anyone... I'll bring a sledge hammer and we can do a little work before we start fishing...

Actually on a good note, some of the creeks up there are mud bottom and freeze up a little later than the slate ones. Last trip up, Elk ant Walnut were sporting ice while we had absolutely none where we were.

sounds like most of the slower pools are getting ice on

Man I figured that they would have already been frozen over.The small creeks and tribs of the Ohio river, where I live, are solid for the most part.

LW

Not yet from the sounds of it Will, heres the link dont know if you have this link or not but it tells the current conditions.

http://www.fishusa.com/FishErie/Reports.asp

Just keep your fingers crossed that they get the rain their supposed to get this week and that will help flush the ice they have right now out of the system.

SD