Fly Tying
Frank G. Swarner III

Erie Steelhead Trip - Jan. 2005 - Official Signup

Steve,

I have my sponge and bucket ready !

They are calling for a 30 degreee change in weather, with rain.

Then falling back down 30 degrees.

But next week they are calling for warmer temps.

Look at the Erie 10 day forcast. I dont think we have a date set.

If I was a gambling man Id look to the second weekend of January wink.gif

Bob pull up your pants ! laugh.gif

We are planning on being there sometime during the day on the 7th and staying till i think the 11th kevin, think Will and Will Sr are planning on about the same dates. Hopefully the weather will stay at least somewhat above the bone chilling mark wink.gif

SD

Looks like some snow is in the forecast for the middle of next week. I'm going to wait until the middle of next week and see what Mother Nature decides to do before I make a decision about reservations. Better safe than sorry this time year.

Chip

Hey group,

tidbit here.

Looks like I may get to go on this trip after all. Not a "positive" as yet: work requirements but it looks good. rolleyes.gif

Could somebody send me a quick overview of where we are going and basic gear I'll need. I have the heavy duty waders and all that "polyproplene" underwear. I just need the short list. help.gif

If the weather turns foul and nasty I'll be staying home: I live in Ohio and I had to travel in that storm last Wednesday--took over three hours to go 75 miles and it was miserable.

My power was out for over 72 hours---bummer. mad.gif

I'll keep ya posted.

tidbit

I'll be up Friday night till Sunday Night as it is right now provided weather, fish, and wife all agree. Possibly Friday morning.. Cough Cough...

Is everyone staying at the Trailers? I'm looking to make reservations before tuesday next week.

mcfly I'm not sure about everyone else or even whos still coming at this point, but Myself,Will,Will sr. and my buddy keith are all planning on staying at the trailers. Then I think Kevin (J.J) and a friens are staying at the trailers friday night.

Tidbit did you get the info you were looking for? If not what exactley did you want to know and well help ya out.

BTW weather looks good right now, the latest report was 90% of the ice is gone and the fishing is decent/good.

SD

I'll be staying those same days Mcfly.

How many people do the trailers hold comfortably?

Going by Steeldrifters post, I'm assuming there are two trailers that will be occupied during the trip.

Should Mcfly & myself plan on reserving/sharing a trailer (is that ok with you McFly?)or is there enough room in the other 2 trailers to fit McFly & myself?

Chip

I just called and reserved one three bedroom trailer from Thursday night until Sunday morning. I actually had to fight with them to get them to take the reservation because they said they are dead slow this time of year(but I talked them into it).

I believe that trailer is filled up so if somebody wants to call and make another reservation you can or just wait until you get there.

Can't wait fellas this is going to be a helluva good time headbang.gif

Airhead,

Sorry to hear you can't make it sad.gif

Im Ready for Erie biggrin.gif

I going to bring a net with me this time, because last time I lost a BIG one in the shallows.

Although (SH) was able to get a pic before he got off.

user posted image

Man I hope to get another shot at him!!! whistling1.gif

LW

Well guys sounds like we shouldnt have any ice problems unless things change rather abruptly. Just seen some reports that said it hit 54 deg in erie today and most of the streams are completley blown out with the rain and snow melt and wont be fishable till around sunday. Not good for the guys fishing this weekend but sounds like it might work out good for all of us by the time we get there...their loss is our gain right wink.gif

looking forward to the trip headbang.gif cool.gif

SD

im gonna back out.

its gonna be too much for me to come up from dayton on a regular weekend during school. if it was the next weekend, it would be a 3 day weekend and i would have a much easier time going.

sorry guys.

Joe