Fly Tying
Frank G. Swarner III

Erie Steelhead Trip - Jan. 2005 - Official Signup

QUOTE (Chromium @ Jan 3 2005, 08:35 AM)
It sounds as if I'm being thrown out of my house for a weekend. headbang.gif

I'll be there! Hell, I'll even take Monday off while I'm at it.... kicking.gif drunk.gif

Note to self: Bring badge, ID and gun to help keep friends out of jail. Add bail money just in case that doesn't work.

How much money we talkin' about Sarah? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Shoe @ Jan 3 2005, 12:15 PM)
LMAO

Come on Pat, it isn't that bad is it? laugh.gif

Nah.......it's actually pretty comical.....that's why I keep riding with you guys. help.gif

QUOTE (Dornug @ Jan 3 2005, 12:31 PM)
Nah.......it's actually pretty comical.....that's why I keep riding with you guys. help.gif

I though that's whay I keep riding with YOU guys??

I was never like that till I met Ralf....

I'm out crying.gif work DOH!!! wallbash.gif ive_been_ripped.gif

It sucks because a good group is getting together and it looks as if the Steelhead Gods are planning for an excellent fishing weekend.

I apologize for starting a post to set up a group trip and not being able to participate.

Have a safe trip and may your steelhead dreams be realized

Good luck to all of you,

Chip

If the three of you show up each toting a bottle of wisky I'm running the other way!

Fish & Chip, you sure you don't have a bad case of steelhead fever? Hate to see you take that into work and spread it around. Probably have to shut the whole place down till summer.

Your choice though, you can work and make everyone else in your life happy or fish.

laugh.gif Whats it gonna be ? Huh? j/k I was never good at that whole peer pressure thing. If you don't make it maybe we'll catch you next time.

QUOTE (Fish-N-Chip @ Jan 3 2005, 02:27 PM)
I'm out crying.gif work DOH!!! wallbash.gif ive_been_ripped.gif

Chip

Tell the boss you have an "eye" problem and can't see coming to work.

As for the rest of you chickenshit f***ers.... Blame me! I really don't care...LOL

Life is too short to go on a "guilt trip".

Tsukadik bugeyes.gif

alright, here your info on blown out streams and alot of time to drink the adult beverage of your choice this coming weekend...Myself and Atroutbum2 took the merry ride up 79 to do some steelhead catching and we were rather pleased, given the circumstances...we fished Elk at the lower acccess and the stream is still high and off color (slightly green) but it is definately fishiable, now. Next week could be bad, there is a huge rain storm coming up the Ohio Valley and through the North East...i'm slightly south west of Erie (about 2 hours) and it has been raining steadily since about 8pm last night...There is gonna be alot of water comedown and the streams will be blown out again this week, the precip is to continue through Wednesday, so Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with the possibility of Sunday are going to be rather dificult days to try and fish...

there you have my side of the story, now crack another beer, cause it's gonna be a long weekend...

QUOTE (mcfly @ Jan 3 2005, 02:35 PM)
If the three of you show up each toting a bottle of wisky I'm running the other way!

If thats the case I'll be staying right next you.

My predication. No matter what the stream conditions are we are going to have a blast.

Im sure we can get in to some fish. Any one who likes to spin fish and toss some spoons bring a rod. If the wind is out of the south we can have a blast !

Steelhead in open water headbang.gif headbang.gif

Now I'm really bummed I'll miss this one. crying.gif

Well, Pat at least they'll keep each other entertained! drunk.gif

They make a great pit crew too! scooter.gif

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Jan 2 2005, 03:34 PM)
Mark,

You planning on staying Saturday night?

Most likely not, but you never know!

Looks like rain until Thursday on weatherunderground.com. They seem to be the best at guessing the weather. As long as the streams don't go into flood stage there are a few that will clear out quick and be fishable Sat possibly Sun. May switch to a Sat, Sun, Mon Trip depending on the weather.

I have fished the mile streams within about a half day after a big blow out. In fact me and Pujic ventured to 4-mile once when all the other tribs would kill you and got into a ton of fish and had it all to ourselves headbang.gif

We'll be just fine cool.gif

Hey Guys,

Hope ya all have a really good time: maybe catch a few steelies.

I had every intention of attending this event; however, work has deceided that I WILL be there. Sorry I cannot tag along. ive_been_ripped.gif

maybe next time,

tidbit