Fly Tying
knothead

Flys for Colorado

Off to Denver at the end of the month and going to get a bit of fishing in if the freshet isn't to ugly, I was told to bring hoppers and streamers so I'm looking for some ideas for streamer patterns to bring with me?

If you can only have one streamer here is the one "sculpzilla". I tie them in a few colors, white, tan & olive. This streamer is deadly!!post-4259-0-79675600-1307198361_thumb.jpg

Other streamers i would look at is

Autumn splendor

Zonkers

Wooley buggers

carlp

Wow thats a sweet lookin fly carlp5351 I will do my best to reproduce that, can I ask what your using for the body on that? it looks like it extends past the trailing hook.

Hoppers and streamers will sure work but you should be sure to have an assortment of small nymphs/midges, BWOs, Tricos ans sulfers if you plan on hitting the South Platte or you may find yourself frustrated. Good luck!

Not sure where you are headed but dont over look Green Drakes, PMD's, Red Quills and Rusty Spinners either could all be starting up around that time depending on conditions