Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dble Haul

Snow and stripers

Well, Bert and I did make it down to RI on Saturday morning. It was still lightly snowing when we arrived, and we got into fish immediately. For the entire day, regardless of tide, we caught fish. Most were schoolies, but several were between 28 and 30 inches. What a day! biggrin.gif

We fished betwee Fire District Beach and Central Beach. Most action was on the rocks, although many fish were caught in the wash on open beach. Yellow and/or white deceivers were all that was needed to get the attention of these fish.

A cold day, but well worth the effort. Seeing the gannet show, the swirling fish, the massive amounts of bait...and no signs of bluefish where we were. We're not into counting fish, but we conservatively estimated that we caught about 150 stripers.

Obligations over the next few weeks have probably sealed last Saturday as my last fishing trip of the year. If it was my last, I certainly can't complain. smile.gif

Well......I knew something was missing my last couple trips to the Great Outer Beach. I thought it was Stripers; but, maybe it was snow. Looks like some coming Monday............

Bill,

If you are referring to the storm we just had (Ohio), lookout!!!! We got about 20" and sometime today the 40 mph winds are supposed to start w/subzero temp.s moving in tonight and lasting thru the weekend w/daytime highs in the single digits....if we're lucky! On the brightside, it will be our first white Xmas in a few years!

Mike

It's in the 50's here on the Cape today but temps going down to the teens and 20's here for the next four days at least with potentially a nor'easter during that time. Still a few stripers being taken from the estuaries of the Cape Cod Bay north-flowingstreams.

I got some today...

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me...

Can't let a nice day like this slip you by, even when you are at work...I mean ummm

Sign in to follow this