Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

NOVA SCOTIA SHUTDOWN

big gob of blood worms makes good stripped bass or blue fish bait

you gotta watch em though they got some good sized pinchers on em and can give you a bite.

Daryn, you down there where the blood worm guys got in the fight over the worm flats a couple years back and one guy got killed or was that more down Digby way?

-T

Hey Daryn, how are you folks making out in the east? Do you have any power yet? I saw the fottage of the toppled hydro tower on the weather network, that's gotta be a big job for the power co. to fix! Hope all is well. Stay warm man.

QUOTE (Tim Smith @ Nov 18 2004, 08:31 AM)
big gob of blood worms makes good stripped bass or blue fish bait
you gotta watch em though they got some good sized pinchers on em and can give you a bite.

Daryn, you down there where the blood worm guys got in the fight over the worm flats a couple years back and one guy got killed or was that more down Digby way?

-T

That was here.There was one guy that was airlifted to the hosipital.He was not even a worm digger.

He was here as muscle.He was hit in the head with a Baseball bat,and spent a few days in a coma.We were all grateful when he came too,whith no serious reprocussions.

My budy was hit in the face and side with rocks larger than softballs.His eye bled for more than 9 hours.

There was a group of worm harvesters that wanted to steal our turf,good luck.There were thirty or more of them and only a dozen or so of us.They started it,we won, and we were the only ones that were charged,were used to that.

Before this incident a worm digger could dig worms anywhere,anytime.There was no goverment involment.This incident is what started the actual licenced fisherie.Its prety bad that the govenrment wont do anything until someone gets hurt or killed.

I am trying to get some material together and post it so everyone here can have a look.

You dont have to tell me about Bloodworm bites.I get bitten often Im used to it.Yea right,The longer they bite you the worse it hurts.My freind is allergic to them,They have a poision gland that disolves there prey,and they secret it when they bite you.He has to take a "sort of bee sting" type kit with him when he digs.

He had to go to the hosipital one day as a worm bite,on his neck, was cutting off his breathing.We will never know how he got biten there, and I Realy dont want to.

Arround here,you can catch a Striped Bass on Every cast,with Bloodworms as long as you set the hook, or dont get snaged with them.

They are aslo execelent for Flounder.

QUOTE (Walker @ Nov 18 2004, 09:36 AM)
Hey Daryn, how are you folks making out in the east? Do you have any power yet? I saw the fottage of the toppled hydro tower on the weather network, that's gotta be a big job for the power co. to fix! Hope all is well. Stay warm man.

That was wicked,Im glad I dont work for the power company.Every thing here is O.K. thanks headbang.gif