Fly Tying

I recieved flies from jacktjl and Yetavon today. Great ties guys and thanks for the extra's.

I have yet to hear back from Dadalo so I'm assuming that he is going to be MIA. I suppose that I should have known better than allow someone to join with their first post. I will randomly distribute everyone's extra fly so we all still get the anticipated number of flies.

And you didn't get my update yesterday in response to your message?

I recieved flies from jacktjl and Yetavon today. Great ties guys and thanks for the extra's.

I have yet to hear back from Dadalo so I'm assuming that he is going to be MIA. I suppose that I should have known better than allow someone to join with their first post. I will randomly distribute everyone's extra fly so we all still get the anticipated number of flies.

And you didn't get my update yesterday in response to your message?

I got it now, my apologies for jumping to conclusions.

Here is what I sent:

Beaded Ant

Hook - size 10-16 dry or nymph standard 1X down eye (14 for this one)

Thread - 6/0 or smaller color to contrast or match ant color (black 6/0 for this fly)

Head - single tan/orange seed bead

Abdomen - 2-tan/orange seed beads with one gun metal seed bead in between

Legs - 3-4 pieces of deer hair wrapped in at thorax

Coat all seed beads with a drop of Aleene's Fabric Fusion. A second coat can be applied if you are looking for more translucency and have room at the gap/gape.

I recieved an awesome set of flies from Robert M. today. Nice ties and thanks for the extras.

Glad they arrive quickly, took about a month for flies from the states to get up to canada in my last swap.

Another great set came all the way from Canada. Nice ties Shad.

Here is what I sent:

Beaded Ant

Hook - size 10-16 dry or nymph standard 1X down eye (14 for this one)

Thread - 6/0 or smaller color to contrast or match ant color (black 6/0 for this fly)

Head - single tan/orange seed bead

Abdomen - 2-tan/orange seed beads with one gun metal seed bead in between

Legs - 3-4 pieces of deer hair wrapped in at thorax

Coat all seed beads with a drop of Aleene's Fabric Fusion. A second coat can be applied if you are looking for more translucency and have room at the gap/gape.

These are quite similar to the Salt & Pepper ant that I've tied for the swap:

Hook: #12 wide gap for the swap

Thread: Black 6/0

Abdomen: White glass beads

Legs: Hare’s hare spun in dubbing loop

Thorax: Black glass bead(s) - one bead for the swap, 2 depending on size of bead.

Thread bump at back end of abdomen, with spot of superglue to hold the beads in place.

They will be in the mail shortly.

So what happens to these guys after they pull of that kind of stunt, does anyone do anything about it, like report it as mail fraud, b/c that's what it is, and that's a federal offense. or is it just left alone?

Very Good Question.. B)

I'm not even a part of this swap, but here is my 2 cents. Someone from the original swap is bound to still have his addy. Why can't you report him and send in his address and maybe they can track him down. Just a thought.

have news of my ants :)

None as of yet. I just recieved the mail, I thought they were here but turned out to be my popper swap flies. Once they arrive I will let you know.

I recieved an awesome set of salt and pepper ants from Dadalo, and thanks for the extras.

Still no word yet Meraz.