Fly Tying
JSzymczyk

one more last "featherhead" mystery!

So I spent more than a week in Las Vegas just now. I saw a few ads for salons doing the feather thing. As shallow and superficial as that place is, I figured I'd see all our missing hackles in the heads of the trollop population out there. I failed to see ANY hackle-head girls... and I was looking at all the girls... not always at their hair, but I tried. I thought if the hackle was anywhere, it would be there!! Where is all the hackle going???

So I spent more than a week in Las Vegas just now. I saw a few ads for salons doing the feather thing. As shallow and superficial as that place is, I figured I'd see all our missing hackles in the heads of the trollop population out there. I failed to see ANY hackle-head girls... and I was looking at all the girls... not always at their hair, but I tried. I thought if the hackle was anywhere, it would be there!! Where is all the hackle going???

If you really want to see hackleheads every few seconds. Just find a Ke$ha concert and tailgate. You will probably see more hackle at that show then you see in the hands of the people tying & buying at a fly tying symposium. And that is just sad!!! B)

If you really want to see hackleheads every few seconds. Just find a Ke$ha concert and tailgate. You will probably see more hackle at that show then you see in the hands of the people tying & buying at a fly tying symposium. And that is just sad!!! B)

Hhahahaha ^ :D That's so true! :P

Had to say something to the woman at petco today about it, she had midge hackle in her hair, said it cost her $30 to have them put in, and she needed a whole lot more than feather to make her look good. :rolleyes:

she needed a whole lot more than feather to make her look good. :rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth--- I have never seen so many ugly people trying to be pretty, than I did while in vegas.

Been seeing more and more teens around here doing it. If my daughters hit my stash they are gonna die :rolleyes:

Once you start seeing just about anyone wearing them the trend is on the outs!

TYERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! (Oops, I think we already are)

Brothers, let us band together to stop the insanity!

I propose we all go to Michael's or some other craft supply house, buy some finding and tie Bergman Wet flies on Alan Jackson No 9 Plated Salmon Hooks, mount them to the findings and sell them to the "Fashionista Featherheads" at $ 50 a pair.

Women ( and Steven Tyler) will wild go over them. There are over 100 such patterns, so we have practically an endless inventory of stylkes. Women look at earrings in the same way they look at shoes. Have you ever seen a woman with only one pair of shoes?

This will drop the market out of the feater hairweave businee and we'll get our feathers back. Besides that we will have accumulated enough in our collective stashes that we'll take that dream trip to " ______ Fill in the Blank_____ " .

Don ( morfrost)

TYERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! (Oops, I think we already are)

Brothers, let us band together to stop the insanity!

I propose we all go to Michael's or some other craft supply house, buy some finding and tie Bergman Wet flies on Alan Jackson No 9 Plated Salmon Hooks, mount them to the findings and sell them to the "Fashionista Featherheads" at $ 50 a pair.

Women ( and Steven Tyler) will wild go over them. There are over 100 such patterns, so we have practically an endless inventory of stylkes. Women look at earrings in the same way they look at shoes. Have you ever seen a woman with only one pair of shoes?

This will drop the market out of the feater hairweave businee and we'll get our feathers back. Besides that we will have accumulated enough in our collective stashes that we'll take that dream trip to " ______ Fill in the Blank_____ " .

Don ( morfrost)

I like the idea now on to michael's Chaaaarge.

I had my first in person sighting of one yesterday while at the zoo. I almost went up and talked to her....but didn't.

The best bet to get this fad over with might be to have more moms like the one pictured get into it. Once the young girls see their moms trying to be cool, the young girls will stop, and the moms will soon follow because they are old enough to realize it's just silly to spend that kind of cash on something so ridiculous.

post-6177-0-85471100-1308925640_thumb.jpg

It's all over Craigslist too. I searched for feathers and there were half a dozen or more people advertising them (that they put them in).

I had my first in person sighting of one yesterday while at the zoo. I almost went up and talked to her....but didn't.

The best bet to get this fad over with might be to have more moms like the one pictured get into it. Once the young girls see their moms trying to be cool, the young girls will stop, and the moms will soon follow because they are old enough to realize it's just silly to spend that kind of cash on something so ridiculous.

post-6177-0-85471100-1308925640_thumb.jpg

Instead of talking to her, you took a picture of her... :P What a piece of work Hahahahha

Yeah I also ran into a couple purchasing all the hackle they could get. Apperently their daughter is a hairstylist....and they took about 10 packs at 90$ a pack....

I told the man that he was crazy to pick that up for his daughter and that people who put it in their hair at 20$ a feather are crazy!!!

Then he asked me what I fish with, and told me I was stupid for spending 800$ on a Sage rod and reel.... Touché

It'll all be over soon....I hope..... I haven't seen any in hair and hope I don't.... It would be hard to not laugh at a person with feathers in their hair....Go with God Bra....as the great FeatherHead would say....Dawg.