Fly Tying
JSzymczyk

one more last "featherhead" mystery!

Jeez, I have been wearing feathered ear rings for years now. why the huff. steven tyler must of seen me on the stream with mine hangin down...Used to hunt with them till a guy shot the tip of my ear off thinking I was a grouse flying. ain't doin that no more..And I won't swim in the ocean with them anymore either, dang sharks !!!

Jeez, I have been wearing feathered ear rings for years now. why the huff. steven tyler must of seen me on the stream with mine hangin down...Used to hunt with them till a guy shot the tip of my ear off thinking I was a grouse flying. ain't doin that no more..And I won't swim in the ocean with them anymore either, dang sharks !!!

Some of the peoples who were already on the continent when the first Europeans arrived wore feathers in their hair.

The fad has just taken a few centuries to catch on with others.

Good Day,

L.A. and believe it or not, more "rural" areas. (And it isn't just gals, ask Steven Tyler...) My wife's hair dresser has her shop in one of the "border" communities between suburbia and rural land. Knowing I am a commercial tyer, she said she might want some hackle for her "farmer girls" (not my words, hers, and meant not as a slight, and she means girls in their teens). Even though she knows she could make bank, thankfully she is fighting the urge...

Steelie

I wore a feather earring, but I was 18 and that was back in the early 80's so I had and excuse, maybe Tyler is trying to recapture his past, he really needs to look in the mirror and say "Really, Really, do I Really look good?" I think not, he is an old man and not a fashion trend setter, I bet most of the girls that want the feathers don't even know who Aerosmith is or have ever heard any of their music...

Yeah I also ran into a couple purchasing all the hackle they could get. Apperently their daughter is a hairstylist....and they took about 10 packs at 90$ a pack....I told the man that he was crazy to pick that up for his daughter and that people who put it in their hair at 20$ a feather are crazy!!!Then he asked me what I fish with, and told me I was stupid for spending 800$ on a Sage rod and reel.... TouchéIt'll all be over soon....I hope..... I haven't seen any in hair and hope I don't.... It would be hard to not laugh at a person with feathers in their hair....Go with God Bra....as the great FeatherHead would say....Dawg.

I also think that $800 for a sage rod is crazy, but a sage rod will last a lifetime, while the hackle will last a few months...

Oh my god. I cannot believe that some people are willing to spend that much on hackle....$600 for 8 capes...and a 'buy now' price of $2000. I've seen some women wearing it on some tv programs, but have yet to see it in person. Hopefully, god willing, this will phase out quickly, otherwise a lot more fly tyers are going to be selling their souls! I don't think Las Vegas is the kind of place where this fad would be most popular. I think its more of a Soho, New York type of look!

- Dan