Fly Tying
bassbuster

Needing some assistance

I have been tying quiet a few different types of fly's but just cannot get my thread around tying a fly with hair that mimics a minnow or small bait fish. I am comfortable with the streamer variety but I am looking for more of a 3D variation like a mouse or a crawfish.

The problem I run into is I cannot get the hair to lay right no matter how many different ways I wrap it. I have been looking for patterns but have yet to find a step by step for this variety of fly. If anyone can lend me some help I would apretiate it.

Look up a Thunder Creek Minnow. Nice profile, easy to tie.

Mice are a bitch.

Good Day,

More often than not, when I hear that someone is having difficulty with hair, it is not so much poor technique, but bad hair. And trust me, there is a lot of bad hair out there. If I may suggest, you should consider buying hair from Chris Helm. Also, he is a master of tying deer hair flies, one of the BEST!

http://whitetailflytieing.com/

Steelie

I'm not sure Chris will be able to do that, he is in treatment for cancer at the present time, wish him well all.