Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Laxi

Brown trout action

Wow that's awesome! Nice rivers you got there!! When you tag and release the what kind if data are you putting down? Also if you catch a tagged fish, then what do you record again?

Great report & very nice pics of them browns. Hope you post some data of the browns you catch next year that you tagged. Would love to read about the growth of them over the year and how far they travel on average from last time caught. B)

Hi guys and thanks for the respone!

Went fishing two days ago and caught this nice brown, his stomach was full of something he had just eaten so they are not having a bad time despite the cold summer.

30jnrlkjarsefri7.jpg

But I went again last night and I caught this beauty of a trout! Really a perfect fish in every way!

1jlrlkjarsefri2.jpg

I have been using two flies on the leader, the beaded one is really heavy and I use to get down to the fish in this cold water.

2jl.jpg

This one is a caddis imitation, it has suffered some rough treatment from the brownies!

2jl2.jpg

It really looks nice! Where are you?

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna give any details about the location on the world wide web

Wow that's awesome! Nice rivers you got there!! When you tag and release the what kind if data are you putting down? Also if you catch a tagged fish, then what do you record again?

I measure the length and where they were caught, that's about it. I'm looking to see how much they grow and how fast, how old they get and how much they travel around the river. Here we call them Stationary brown trouts(opposite to sea trout) because the stay in the same river/area their whole life, I think the brown trout in this river is extremely stationary and stays in the same pool their whole life, but I'll find out if that is true or not in the next few years :)

Great report & very nice pics of them browns. Hope you post some data of the browns you catch next year that you tagged. Would love to read about the growth of them over the year and how far they travel on average from last time caught. B)

Don't worry, I'll keep you guys updated :)

Laxi, Very nice browns...How big would you say the brown is from last night in the photo? That is just one gorgeous brown trout B)

Hi guys and thanks for the respone!

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna give any details about the location on the world wide web

Oh, I didn't mean that you should! I'm just curious in what part of Iceland you are fishing. You really got good brownies there!

Guess you don't lose many flies to trees on your backcast... For my sins 50 years ago, I spent a year in a place like that, only it was in the Aleutians.

Nice trout though.

Rocco

Laxi, Very nice browns...How big would you say the brown is from last night in the photo? That is just one gorgeous brown trout B)

Maybe close to 3 kg :)

Oh, I didn't mean that you should! I'm just curious in what part of Iceland you are fishing. You really got good brownies there!

I'm in the north-eastern part of Iceland, as far from Reykjavík as possible(thank god for that!)

The trout just get bigger and bigger! Got this beauty about an hour ago on the beaded nymph in my previous post.

3jlrlkjarsefri.jpg

The river is warming up a bit and the conditions are getting better.

11jl11.jpg

11jl12.jpg

And the river is still producing some beautiful brown trouts!

11jl16.jpg

14jlBreiamillifossa.jpg

That's it for now,

Laxi

Wow those fish and water looks SWEET. Really like the last fish with the blue on the gill plate.