Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jhammer

Shannon's Streamer

I had just placed an order with Stockard about an hour ago so I have emailed them and asked them to add some of this in pearl. Thanks for the tip.

Mr. Jhammer....I would like to add that I have been adding Mono eyes to mine since I am generally fishing shallow but I will try the bead chain eyes. I have 3 sizes of bead chain. I think i will tie a few with each of the 2 smaller sizes to try out. I do have some small chartruse chenille so I will give that a try too.

It has been so hot that I have not been on the water for a couple of weeks. Hope it cools a little soon.

It has been so hot that I have not been on the water for a couple of weeks. Hope it cools a little soon.

I don't blame you it has been over 100 all week here. And the eagle claw hooks are killer.

I agree with both of you. It's been miserably hot here for the past week. We just got some rain, and so did Indiana. It's still nasty out though. I just hope the rain hasn't raised the river too much. I'll be busy checking the USGS gauge height and flow levels in the morning on the computer before I go.

I'm glad you like the tip about the fine/petite estaz and chenille. I tied some 8's up before with both in standard/medium sizes and I just wasn't happy with the spacing between the chenille and the hook point. They looked like a big long fuzz ball on a tiny hook. The ones pictured are 6's, but anything smaller needs fine/micro/petite material IMHO.