Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Post a Step by Step and get free stuff!

I would really like to see this part of the forum get even more active and I'm willing to step up and add some incentive to members for taking the time to take the photos and write the step by step instructions.

Here is the deal. Upload a step by step tutorial for a fly and you will receive a fly box of your choice from the FTF/Hatches store. If you haven't seen these boxes yet you can check them out here: http://flytyingforum.com/shop/gear/waterproof-fly-boxes.html

The criteria

There are only a few things that I ask for.

1. The tutorial must contain a material list and detailed step by step text.

2. Tutorial must contain at least 6 step photos

3. Tutorial cannot just be a repost of an old tutorial. It has to be new to FTF at least.

4. Accepting the fly box(es) would grant me the permission to repost the tutorial on Hatches as a part of our featured tutorial section. Posting a tutorial here on FTF does not guarantee that you will be featured on the Hatches website but we would like to start adding more tutorials from FTF members. Any questions about the Hatches tutorials can be directed to Kevin [email protected]

5. If your going to be adding more than one tutorial in a month please let me know so that I can ship all of the boxes together so save me some postage costs.

6. Tutorial must be added to this forum on FTF(http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showforum=56)

Thanks!

Will

Damn Will, that is very generous of you. This is a good opportunity for me to have a real fly box to carry my smaller flies instead of piled up in a compartmentalized Plano box. I'll be sure to post some SBS.

I would really like to see this part of the forum get even more active and I'm willing to step up and add some incentive to members for taking the time to take the photos and write the step by step instructions.

Here is the deal. Upload a step by step tutorial for a fly and you will receive a fly box of your choice from the FTF/Hatches store. If you haven't seen these boxes yet you can check them out here: http://flytyingforum.com/shop/gear/waterproof-fly-boxes.html

The criteria

3. Tutorial cannot just be a repost of an old tutorial. It has to be new to FTF at least.

4. Accepting the fly box(es) would grant me the permission to repost the tutorial on Hatches as a part of our featured tutorial section. Posting a tutorial here on FTF does not guarantee that you will be featured on the Hatches website but we would like to start adding more tutorials from FTF members. Any questions about the Hatches tutorials can be directed to Kevin [email protected]

5. If your going to be adding more than one tutorial in a month please let me know so that I can ship all of the boxes together so save me some postage costs.

6. Tutorial must be added to this forum on FTF(http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showforum=56)

Thanks!

Will

I've been trying to post one but I can't figure out how to upload images off my hard drive. Damn technology. Help?

I just posted a pattern for the Bearded Clam Carp fly and I will be posting one more in the next few days. One question, Do we contact you after posting or do you contact us about the box choices, adress and info?

I just posted a pattern for the Bearded Clam Carp fly and I will be posting one more in the next few days. One question, Do we contact you after posting or do you contact us about the box choices, adress and info?

Dido on the question. Also, I am going to put up another 1 or 2 SBS's real soon.

Okay I just posted my other SBS it the Red headed Bleeding Wooly Bugger. I have a total of two SBS's and I am all set, If I decide to post a few more I would be more than happy to cover shipping on them in the future, Just let me know if there is a problem. Contact me for my box selections and I will Pm my info along with it. THANK YOU this is a great idea and an awsome deal. I am pleased to see that there is an insentive to help others creating ideas and patterns.

I have grown my skills in tying due mainly in part to this forum and the people here that help me learn and gain the tying knowlede. I thank you all!! :D

Okay I just posted my other SBS it the Red headed Bleeding Wooly Bugger. I have a total of two SBS's and I am all set, If I decide to post a few more I would be more than happy to cover shipping on them in the future, Just let me know if there is a problem. Contact me for my box selections and I will Pm my info along with it. THANK YOU this is a great idea and an awsome deal. I am pleased to see that there is an insentive to help others creating ideas and patterns.

I have grown my skills in tying due mainly in part to this forum and the people here that help me learn and gain the tying knowlede. I thank you all!! :D

Ill put up some saltwater patterns in the next day or two...do you get to chose what box? cause i fish saltwater 90% of the time and my flies wont fit in some of the boxes on the website......thanks for doing this SmallieHunter, its greatly appreciated by many.

I put up a pink salmon tie and I'll put up a couple more in the next few weeks and contact you when all said and done.

this is a great deal for members and I'm sure it will get the volume you are looking for. Thanks for the great offer on top of the best fly tying site on the net.

Hey guys, just a heads up. I'm going to put the free fly box giveaway on hold until I get caught up, didn't realize I was going to get such an overwhelming response. Great to see all of the tutorials being posted just don't want to overextend myself and completely run out of fly boxes that I am actually trying to sell...

If you have posted a tutorial please send me an email, that will make it much easier for me to keep track of everything. My email is [email protected], please make the subject something like "Free FTF fly box". Please include what tutorials you posted, your ftf username, your address and what if any preference you have for fly boxes. Lastly, please be patient, it is going to take me a few weeks or so to get these mailed out. I have a family vacation that I am trying to get ready for and the new issue of Hatches just got delivered so things are a bit hectic here at the moment.

Thanks

Will

Any specific patterns you request or ones to stay away from?

Nevin Z. Broz

[email protected]

The criteria

Thanks!

Will

Hey guys, just a heads up. I'm going to put the free fly box giveaway on hold until I get caught up, didn't realize I was going to get such an overwhelming response. Great to see all of the tutorials being posted just don't want to overextend myself and completely run out of fly boxes that I am actually trying to sell...

If you have posted a tutorial please send me an email, that will make it much easier for me to keep track of everything. My email is [email protected], please make the subject something like "Free FTF fly box". Please include what tutorials you posted, your ftf username, your address and what if any preference you have for fly boxes. Lastly, please be patient, it is going to take me a few weeks or so to get these mailed out. I have a family vacation that I am trying to get ready for and the new issue of Hatches just got delivered so things are a bit hectic here at the moment.

Thanks

Will

Email sent, My Email adress is [email protected] let me know if you didn't recieve my email and I will resend it. Thanks

Is there a time span of when we'll be able to post till... because i'm on vacation right now and would like to get in on this.