Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mybadhabit

Hatchery Cuts

Has anyone else heard about the 18 million dollar cuts to the hatchery programs national budget yet. It will effect all hatcheries, trout, bass and catfish nationally. I don't know all the details about it, I got it from our FFF southern conference rep on monday. He said it was a very serious deal, that cutting that deep into the program could realy affect the amount of fish by as much as 50%, and around here that is a lot of fish. He was saying that it won't affect us right away, but by the end of next year it could have a major effect on fish numbers. He was talking about contacting our congressman and senators about getting it refunded again so we can enjoy fishing as we have become accustomed to in the past. I will try and find more about it but this is just a heads up on what we are up against.

Blane

Personally I'm willing to make the sacrifice. Hatchery programs are necessary, yes; but even more so is financial stability.

While I don't fish for hatchery fish as a general rule, I do understand that in certain parts of the country it is somewhat of a necessity.

These people have more to lose than myself. But I would have them ask themselves, what is more important? A few more fish-- or a stable, balanced economy.

this will trickle down to each states Nat. Resource enforcement agency

less fish will not bother the folks who fish no matter what...........what it will affect is license sales and "I fish opening day" fellers (whom I don't mind)

less license sales will mean less revenue for each outfit to operate..........less money = fewer programs, fewer patrols, higher license fees and maybe a few jobs lost

I honestly think the Commonwealth of PA stocks way too many trout.......the people have been spoiled and unrealistically and honestly believe there should be 100 plus trout in every hole they fish