Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fish

Dubois, PA bass fishing tips needed

Hello All. I used to be sort of active on this forum many years ago but three kids ago, work - you know. Anyway, I am on a family holiday and staying at Treasure Lake in Dubois, PA for a week and I have permission from the Mrs to fish for a day. I need help. I do not have a boat and would need to fish from shore or wade a stream. I have seen some beautiful waters here and I have found out that Medix run may be worth a try for brook trout. Given that I live in Atlantic salmon and brook trout paradise (Gaspe peninsula, Quebec), I do not really want brook trout and in fact I would rather try for things like largemouth bass and chain pickerel (both of which I have never caught) and also smallmouth (caught a few before). I am kind of worried about access and private property and would like some tips on where I might go for an afternoon where I could potentially catch and release a few of these foreign beasts. Even catfish would be a thrill for me. Any quick tips? Leaving Friday.

Thanks all, I really would appreciate any tips.