flyfishingheaven

What did you catch your first fish on?

Let's see:

First fish ever: hotdogs-bluegills

First fish on a fly: foam bug-bluegills

First trout on a fly: prince head

First salmon on a fly: egg

First big bass: spinnerbait

First big bass fly rod: foam bug (large spider)

Fishing in General

Bluegill I'm pretty sure and probably a worm.

Fly fishing

12" trout on a cased caddis pupa I tied myself.

I caught my first fish on a bamboo rod that had a black almost thread like line on it. the line was wound arround two pegs that were attached to it at the grip.it had a dark montreal on it. it also had a small peice of lead and a small woden float. At first I threw it out by hand.I caught a small rock bass.Someone tried to show me how it worked and got me snaged in a tree behind me mad.gif

I got it out and learned how to at least cast as far as I could through it.

My first fish ever was caught on corn. I was 5. Trout was it`s name. I ate him. headbang.gif

My rod at the time was a piece of stick cut out of the tree I was standing next to with about 10 feet of line tied to it, a hook and a pose. My grandpa had made that for me.

First fish on a fly was a greyling in October of last year. It was caught on a little green and orange scud/Nymph type of fly. It rocked.

I am addicted to flyfishing ever since that greyling attacked my fly and attack it did...

Andy

that's a loooong time ago, but I think it was a blu-gill on a popper from Grants Dept. stores. Before k-mart and wallymart........back in the 60's rockon.gif

First fish: 32" pike caught on a crawler harness

First fish on a fly: teeny rainbow on a size 16 black ant

First fish ever, I'm sure a bluegill on a worm or something along those lines.

First fish on a fly, a 12-13ish rainbow on a blood dot.

First fish on a fly I tied, a steelhead on an orange estaz egg.

My first fish was on some magnled up piece of crap fly that didn't deserve the time to tye a knot. I tied it when I was 13 and it looked like some serious crap. I think I used a fraid rope and a duck wing feather.........anybody want some;)

First fish was probably a bluegill caught on a worm in big Walnut Creek, south of Columbus, Ohio. First fish on a flyrod- possibly a bass or bluegill on a popper. First trout- Cherokee Indian Reservation, Oconoluftee river on a Abu Reflex. First trout on a flyrod- Hiwassee River, Tennessee, on a Muddler Minnow. Stupid fish hit three times before I finally hooked it. Still going strong- so much water, so little time. BTW- Happy Thanksgiving to all! biggrin.gif

my first fish on fly was a largemouth bass caught on a deer hair bug I tyed up (witch it did not look like mutch but it worked)

first trout was on a

muddler minnow

fcflyguy

First fish was a blue gill. I must have been only 6 or 7. first fish on a fly i tied myself was a little 5 in. rainbow caught it on a Black Zebra midge.

Eric