Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
poksal

100° days outside WARM water LMB on spiders

After a short reprieve we are back with consistant 100° plus days here in north Texas. But at last, I am now starting to pull 1# down to 1/2# (some smaller) large mouth bass out of the local rivers with gray open foam - white legged spiders around 6:30 to 7:30 AM. These spiders are tied on #8 hooks and are about the size of the hooks. The legs are about 1" long. So if you are in the north Texas, Oklahoma area... there is your kick start excuse to go fishing. The fish are coming from under the overhanging plant life and willows on the afternoon shaded (shaded when it is hot) side of the rivers. They hit on contact with the water or don't hit at all. I'm gong to try some hoppers tomorrow, hitting on contact and yellow hoppers in the bushes may indicate they are ready to rise for them.

It is still just short of the century mark here. It has been hot for several weeks now and I am staying in the a/c. I am just a big sissy I guess.

It has been 100+ everyday this month here in the Houston area. Sure does not entice one to want to go play with the long rod.

perchjerker

It has been 100+ everyday this month here in the Houston area. Sure does not entice one to want to go play with the long rod. No rain either. There are those in the area who are beginning to pray for a hurricane, for both the rain and the cooler weather that they often bring for a day or so.

perchjerker