Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
poksal

Watch Labor Day sales, I scored these

I was in a local hobby chain store. They had ladies sun visors made of 3/32" thick craft foam in several colors for $.10. I snagged all 14 that could work in flys. The colors included torques, & pink. I'm not sure how I will use the torques or the pink, but doing realistics ...who knows.. so I didn't pass the material up for $.10. That is a nice stack of craft foam for $1.40.

Then I found out their bead storage boxes were 50%. Got four 10-1/2" x 7" x 2" deep storage boxes with 17 compartments for $1 each.

I grabbed several other assortments and solved my realistic supplies storage problems for sometime and got back $3+ change from a $20.

One of them has about 40 seperate clear boxes in it, each about 1-1/2" square x 1/2" deep.

Edit in at 11:40 AM:

Have you seen this web site of free step by steps of realistics?? realistic SBS link ... you will need to dig around a bit - as you look at flys and step by steps you get to move on to additional realistic sites.

Edit in on 9/3/11:

I went back and got 6 more of the compartmental boxes, 'cause after I cleaned up my bench I filled the others... :blink:

Nice score! I have a craft shop near my office, I'll ocassionally pop in......my last big score was on pairs of flip-flops in various colors for like$.50 a pair......I made a lot of poppers out of them......

Mike