Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFishin'Jam

1st intruder

yep first ever, just kinda messing around, got a whole bunch of new shanks from here...

http://flymenfishingcompany.org/products/fish-skull%E2%84%A2-products/articulated-shank/

As you can see it really helps opening up the world of articulated flies, this really was just a test, i know it needs more meat...I'd fish it tho.

post-29540-0-36794600-1316737210_thumb.jpg

Well back to the bench ideas and criticism welcome!

Guest rich mc

sweet fly. i am curious about the hook. on the webpage they had a red hook. is it an octopus hook? i am starting to use vmc wide gap walleye hooks on my ties which are similar thanks rich mc

sweet fly. i am curious about the hook. on the webpage they had a red hook. is it an octopus hook? i am starting to use vmc wide gap walleye hooks on my ties which are similar thanks rich mc

haha, really funny you mention that rich mc...I got my shanks and browsed the webpage and a few sbs's, realized i had no hooks suitable! Went into the wife's tackle box and i found these bizarre walleye rigs, have a spinner blade which i mooched and some beads, once again, mooched, but it was the hook i was after - i am pretty sure its an octopus hook around a size 4. The whole idea here is by having a short shank wide gape hook you are going to stay connected longer especially with the flexible articulation. The turned up tapered eye is just so it lays straight when a loop of mono or fluoro or whatever is threaded through, i tried with some straight eye hooks but it doesn't sit correctly.

Anyone have any suggestions for the trailer hook? Rich mc that VMC walleye looks okay for the job, but i have not touched beak, octopus, etc hook types since i used bait...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this