Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous Toadstool

Spiders

Yes, there are quite a few tiers here that tie foam spiders, ants, beetles, and other bugs and critters made with foam.

Does anyone tie foam spiders?

Dangerous,

Here is a spider I tie. I keep several of these in one of my fly boxes in several colors. It flat gets the Large Mouth Bass.

It is simply a 3/8" X 1" piece of foam with the rear corners clipped, tied with white thread, various colors of legs, and always with squirrel tail fibers on top and on bottom clipped close at the front and rear bottom, I use a black sharpie for eyes. A quick and productive bass fly. I tie them in several of the larer sizes. Each of us is different, I tie and keep these because they work.

post-34916-0-28905700-1317681507_thumb.jpg

I tie a spider very similar to Poksal but less detailed. I just use foam and rubber legs in sizes from 10 down to 14. I catch mostly fish in the sunfish group but very few bass. There is very few bass in the small creeks that I fish though. 90% are yellow mostly because they work and these old eyes can see them better.