Fly Tying

This month were tying caddis flies any fly that falls under the caddis lifecycle dry wet emerger nymph pupae its up to you

DUE DATE OCTOBER 31

1.Crackleback-received

2.Student4evr

3.ibrb-received

4.bluegill576

5.bertgwen-soft hackled october caddis-received

6.mybadhabit-received

7.fly tryer-received

8.eastern fly-received

9.famill00-received

10.Bream buster-Elk & CDC Caddis-received

sm-me-Flutter bug

I'm tying a flutter bug it is one of the most productive all around flies I have ever used it was first tied for that special time when they are laying eggs but is meant to look like the caddis with all four wings spread fluttering and I have caught just about everything on it plus I tie it in a few different colors to be a beetle pattern

here it is I am tying it on a size 10

post-10925-0-73862100-1317733152_thumb.jpg

Hey, Riff. The plan, right now, is for me to tie an Elk & CDC Caddis. I've just gotten a new CDC tool, and havn't worked with it yet. So I may have to change if I can't this pattern to work out to suit me, but that's the plan for now.

BB

I'm going to tie a peacock caddis (dry). I hope the summer crazies are officially gone and I can get things done in a more timely manner from here on out. The daughter and I have a tying "date" tonight, so I should get a good jump on it.

robert

sounds great guys BB you must have more tying tools then most have materials I think you should change your name to Inspector Gadget :lol: Go gadget whip finisher :lol:

wooooohoooo Robert got a date with the daughter there is going to be some vice burning tonight that kid has got some talent

sounds great guys BB you must have more tying tools then most have materials

When your skills are as poor as mine, you have to try to make up for it somewhere! :headbang:

BB

After tying a couple of peacock caddis (that promptly met the knife) I decided to tie a soft hackled october caddis instead.

I will tie a very small size 18 elk hair caddis (dry) in black. I am a new tyer, so this will be a challenge for me to get the proportions right on this fly. I am sure a few will meet the razor blade before I get some good enough to send you guys!

My plan for now is to use black dubbing, black elk hair, and grizzly dry fly hackle. Anyone have any suggestions on what I need to change or does it sound like a solid plan?

-Forrest

I will do a Kamloops Caddis Pupa on a size 10 hook as this fly provided me with the best day I've had in several years about a week ago. That is if this swap is still open.

My CDC Elk flies went out in this afternoon's mail. It was the first time I've tried tying up this pattern and I ended up wishing that I had had some larger CDC feathers. The ones I had were really too small. Not enough material on each one. I'll do better next time.

Riff, keep any extras. Don't send one of mine back to me. Thanks for hosting.

BB

I need to let you guys know what is going on! I am a board member for our CCA chapter and my local fly club. WWW.4thcornerfly.com We have been reorganizing and expanding at an enormous rate. We are also expanding our internal and external outreach. You can download our newsletter from the website and see what is happening. Our last auction had about 55 attendees, this year we are looking at 95. It has taken a major amount of my time to help make this happen. I also had a bunch of personal projects running at the same time. In the next 2 weeks most of these will be finished and I can catch up with the swap. If you can hold until then I will be glad to add some extras to cover the delays I have caused.

Hopefully

Frank aka Student4evr

Mine will be in the mail on thurs or friday, sorry for the delay, life has gotten really busy lately, trying to aquire a competitor and having to jump thru hoops.