Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ninja115

Finger Protection

When I was fishing last spring I saw a guy who had this glove(not a glove though) that covered his index and middle fingers. I can't remember who it was made by (maybe Orvis) and haven't been able to find it. It looked like he had cut the two fingers off of a pair of very thin neoprene gloves, except that they weren't cut they were made that way. I don't think there was a tip on either finger though. More like finger sleeves. I know it was a common name brand when I looked at them though. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find them or who makes them? I really don't want to cut up a pair of gloves to make them.

Any help Is appreciated. Thanks.

I saw those and all the others like them, but I believe the ones I'm looking for aren't individual. The two fingers were joined at the base making a v-shape. Although I could be wrong????

This could be what you are talking about. I got one and like it for stripping full sink lines.

http://www.troutsflyfishing.com/store/fishing-accessories/stripee-finger-guard.html

I have a pair of those, sounds like what he's looking for...As for or me, I some time wear, dare I say...One glove on my striping hand, just a little gay, but for me is more comfertable.

P1030711.jpg

This could be what you are talking about. I got one and like it for stripping full sink lines.

http://www.troutsflyfishing.com/store/fishing-accessories/stripee-finger-guard.html

I have a pair of those, sounds like what he's looking for...As for or me, I some time wear, dare I say...One glove on my striping hand, just a little gay, but for me is more comfertable.

Yes, that looks like it. Are the two fingers joined together, or is it two seperate fingers? I would like the two fingers together at the base. Thank you for all the help!

Panama Red.....Nice Trout!

The other one I saw that looks like it is here, but doesn't tell manufacturer. They look like they could be the same(neoprene and felt).

http://hatchesmagazine.com/page/december2006/290

They make these types of gloves for fly fishing and billiards. Most of the fishing ones are single finger like the one Gamakatsu makes. The billiard version usually covers the pointer, index finger and some times thumb.