Fly Tying
H.Champagne

Best most ridiculous Pizza toppings

Post up the craziest most delicious toppings you put on pizza...

Sausage, pepperoni, black & green olives, pineapple, crumble blue cheese....delicious

I recently tried a Cuban style pizza that was great. It had ground pork on it with some kind of spicy cheese and had raisins, toasted almonds, and capers on it. I really enjoyed it.

I've done an Oyster Bienville pizza that is great. Make the Oyster Bienville, which is basically a Bechemel sauce with seasoning, fresh shrimp, bacon that has been cooked to crispness and oysters. Put that on your pizza dough and add a light topping of mozerella and fresh grated parmesean - I don't care what the Food Network judges say about cheese and seafood, it tastes just fine. Anyway, its a good pizza but for a large, the ingredients can set you back about $20 - $30 depending on the price of oysters.

Kirk

I always get teased for eating anchovies on my pizza. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles must have rubbed off on me a little bit. :lol:

Here on the east coast where thin pizza is king you can get pretty much any kind of gourmet pizza. I make a homemade pizza with fig paste and prosciutto usually without any buffalo mozzarella. Fig has that sweet savory thing going on that goes great with the salty Italian ham.

hell yea man, im from NY and the thin crust pies are the best, sorry deep dish. there is a place north of NYC called A touch of Naples, and they have salad pizza where they bake the pie with just sauce on it, and then cool it. They then cover it with cucumbers, shaved iceberg, tomatoes, onions, and buttermilk dressing. it is delicious.

I dig anchovies too, got love ninja turtles man.

I had a pie at Lucky Bones in cape may, nj that they served hot topped with normal toppings but then put a dressed arugula cold salad on top. Was great.

Im from Ky and i make homemade pizza with flour not cornmeal anyways i once made a philly chees steak pizza with atuffed crusts and freaking alot of pepperoni i fried the beef with red onions and green peppers it was awesome! :D my friend told that one time him and his family made a cicada pizza( thats right i siad cicadas) and something else with cicadas on it sounded gross and unusual.

I had one the other night called a Philly pizza...Medium crust (I'm from St. Louis, and a thin crust is like a cracker here), sausage gravy for sauce, thick sliced roast beef, sauteed peppers & onions, and provel cheese. Take an extra Lipitor before eating one of these!

This same place has a Reuben pizza with Thousand Island dressing as a sauce, corned beef, and saurkraut. I'm dying to try it...

I'm thinkin' Chicago style deep dish pizza. Pepperoni, keep it simple. All other pizza falls short of it in my honest opinion. Chicago dogs are the best too.