Fly Tying
FishDragon

Diamond Hard UV resin

Just looking at ordering some Diamond Hard Resin and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this glue? It looks great but it is hard to find reviews or tests of the product online.

I am wanting to get away from epoxy because I don't like using it and I just don't like it.

Thanks

Dave

Link

http://www.flymart.ca/default.aspx?ctl=ctl_ec_product&product_id=1452

Check the link below. I did a review of the Diamond hard low tack. I was using the Loon before and i think the Loon is not even close to the quality of the Diamond Hard. The Loon product is real senseitive to cold.

http://cpsflyfishingandflytying.blogspot.com/2011/06/product-review-deercreek-flies-diamond.html

Just looking at ordering some Diamond Hard Resin and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this glue? It looks great but it is hard to find reviews or tests of the product online.

I am wanting to get away from epoxy because I don't like using it and I just don't like it.

Thanks

Dave

Link

http://www.flymart.ca/default.aspx?ctl=ctl_ec_product&product_id=1452

Hi Dave,

We've had good luck with Clear Cure Goo. We realize it's not the product you asked about but it might be an alternative item to check out. Take care & ...

My light and glue arrived yesterday in the mail.

I haven't tied any flies with it yet but I am impressed. The light seems to be very tuff made from 6061 aluminum and it is waterproof. I guess people use it for law enforcement and such.

The glue I have tried on white paper. Just a small pea sized blob and I hit it with the light. 3 to 4 seconds later it was hard and non tacky. I took a pair of scissors and cut the glue and the paper in two. The glue seemed to be hard right through and the paper looked to be the same color as the non glued paper.

I am impressed with it but will really have to get tying some flies and use them fishing.

wise choice!

+ if you ever decide to try "bug bond" the DH light works for that too! just buy the goo!

wise choice!

+ if you ever decide to try "bug bond" the DH light works for that too! just buy the goo!

I was using the ccg and I really like the hydro which is very thin and sets with out any tack. I like the others too but you have to coat even the tack free. I ordered some diamond hard and the powerful lazer pointer torch. I really hardens but it doesn't set up clear. Mine set up cloudy and it even starting smoking when I hit it with that lazer light. BTW the light also works on the ccg. I was used to the ccg setting up crystal clear. Am I dong something wrong with the diamond hard or is anyone else finging the same thing?

The diamond hard is very tough and clear . It has a ton of aplications. You can do the same things to alter it as you can with epoxy . Such as add glitter , color ..etc.

post-11886-0-73235100-1333200383_thumb.jpg

post-11886-0-14502200-1333200505_thumb.jpg

The diamond hard is very tough and clear . It has a ton of aplications. You can do the same things to alter it as you can with epoxy . Such as add glitter , color ..etc.

post-11886-0-73235100-1333200383_thumb.jpg

post-11886-0-14502200-1333200505_thumb.jpg

Good to hear but for some reason mine is not coming out clear and it is smoking when I hit it with the torch light. The light you have is not like mine at all. Mine is a very small pencil like pointer style and the the light is intense. My light for my ccg is like yours and it too will set the diamond hard.

A lot of the guys from my fly fishing club and myself uses a UV light from ACE Hardware and buy a UV sanding sealer from a local surf shop. It works good and for 8oz of the stuff its about 10 bucks. A couple of the guys have been useing this set up for over year with no problems. The UV light will work with most of the UV cured stuff on the market. You have to watch useing a UV light from one couple with a UV cured resin from another company.

how close are you putting the light to the resin to make it smoke?

ive heard of folks placing the light about 3 inches away

i have the diamond hard with the lazer pointer curing light and mine dont make smoke

maybe you should contact nick at deer creek and let him know of your problem

how close are you putting the light to the resin to make it smoke?

ive heard of folks placing the light about 3 inches away

i have the diamond hard with the lazer pointer curing light and mine dont make smoke

maybe you should contact nick at deer creek and let him know of your problem

I guess I am holding it pretty close. The beam is so much smaller than I am used too so I guess I hold it pretty close just to make sure I am hitting the fly. I did email Deer Creek but I never got a response.