Fly Tying
rockworm

Can you ID the author?

My wax was waiting when I got home from a little roadtrip!! Great looking stuff and four different blends to boot!! I'll be trying out the sticky shortly.

Thanks again!!!

I love the sticky wax it is the best stuff I ever used for touch dubbing Mr. Peacock or Ice dub either one it grabs and holds on and if you make a dubbing loop put wax on both legs of loop and touch dub 2 different colored dubbings then twist it up it gives a great 2 tone body

I have also been using the Sticky this week; lightly dubbing mole onto Pearsall's silk for some traditional North Country spiders. And using the Dark wax to deepen the body colour of some Greenwell Spiders and Needle Browns. I am personally very happy with this year's blends. I gave some to a few friends and now some of their friends want some. So I will probably be brewing a few small batches before Christmas. I think I will tweak the Whipping formula a little. But I'm not sure whether (or how) I should try to improve the Light, Dark and Sticky blends. Your constructive criticism would be most welcome. Thanks again for the feedback.

I have also been using the Sticky this week; lightly dubbing mole onto Pearsall's silk for some traditional North Country spiders. And using the Dark wax to deepen the body colour of some Greenwell Spiders and Needle Browns. I am personally very happy with this year's blends. I gave some to a few friends and now some of their friends want some. So I will probably be brewing a few small batches before Christmas. I think I will tweak the Whipping formula a little. But I'm not sure whether (or how) I should try to improve the Light, Dark and Sticky blends. Your constructive criticism would be most welcome. Thanks again for the feedback.

Could I buy One of each type in the next batch? Thanks.

Well, I didn't intend this as a commercial venture. Would I have to post on the trading floor to legitimitize this transaction?

According to RRSHSlayer you can! I will increase the size of my batches and pour a few extra tubes. Maybe the tyers who have already received some of my dubbing wax could help me determine a fair price?

According to RRSHSlayer you can! I will increase the size of my batches and pour a few extra tubes. Maybe the tyers who have already received some of my dubbing wax could help me determine a fair price?

Ok sounds good.

I know I would have no problem paying $8 for the 4 tubes I got and feel I didn't get ripped

So let's make it $8 for four tubes of dubbing wax (Dark, Light, Sticky and Whipping). Plus $2 for S&H. Is that agreeable to you bluegill?

I know I would have no problem paying $8 for the 4 tubes I got and feel I didn't get ripped

So let's make it $8 for four tubes of dubbing wax (Dark, Light, Sticky and Whipping). Plus $2 for S&H. Is that agreeable to you bluegill?

Sounds good! Just post when you finish the next batch an I'll send payment.

Just came home today and found some wax in the mail (mail takes a little bit longer to get to Newfoundland)...Cannot wait to try them out in my next swap...Thanks again for hosting the author ID and I will let you know how it goes.

Shad

I'm curious if you have or are selling your wax blends

Are you saying you are interested in buying some? Actually, what I sent will likely last you years! But, no I am not selling my blends. (Although the idea of custom-blending dubbing wax to match a tyer's specific needs has crossed my mind.) Don't be confused by the packaging- I just like to do things right, with a bit of polish.

Well, it wasn't my intention to sell my waxes but I have received a few requests and made up more of my dubbing wax. I would like to share what's left and will probably offer them on the Trading Floor in a couple of days.