Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

The Aquarium project

Okay ... still too one-color-dominate for me, but I am beginning to see how it will look. Now just get some of these to add color!

aquarium-artificial-movable-tail-swimming-fish-pcs-126364n.jpg

Im usually a very patient man, but this is killing me...I really am anxious to see something swimming in there but had no idea that it was that complicated. I thought goldfish in a round bowl was a pain....

Maybe now? Fish, little plastic fish for the tank so we can see ... NOW ... what it's going to look like.

Maybe now? Fish, little plastic fish for the tank so we can see ... NOW ... what it's going to look like.

I'm running my tank at 86F right now to help promote the cycle.....them damn lil' plastic fish would melt :lol:

Did you know syclids have infrared vision? sorry bout the spelling, but I saw an article about this and thought of you and your tank.

Well I have been conversing with Billy at Cichlid Express back and forth all week getting the stock list finalized. This is the final stock list ...

Red Shoulder: 2.5"

Lemon Jake: 2.5"

German Red: 2.5"

Red top Lwanda: 3"

Benga Sunshine 3"

Ethelwynnae 2"

Albino Red Diamond 3"

OB Peacock 2.5"

Syno Hybrids 2"+

Nagra Flametail 2.5"

Fish are being next day aired on Monday and I will have them Tuesday. I have to say dealing with Billy was a super easy experience and I will for sure be calling Billy back in a month when my other 55 is ready to stock.

Added a few more accent pieces to the tank so wanted to share some final pics before it is stocked with some finned critters in a few days.

tank1done1.jpg

tank1done2.jpg

tank1done3.jpg

You've done some very beautiful work there my friend. I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed watching the progress on your project. Thanks for the wonderful story of your tank.

Blane

I've got fish!!!!! They came from Billy at Cichlid Express/Daytona Aquarium and look awesome B) Everyone is happy healthy and not hiding at all. I even put a tiny pinch of pellets in and every one of them went for the food so no one seems stressed from the journey to Michigan. Once I turn the light on later tonight or tomorrow I will post some pictures of them. Feels great to finally see fish swimming in the tank.

I've got fish!!!!! They came from Billy at Cichlid Express/Daytona Aquarium and look awesome B) Everyone is happy healthy and not hiding at all. I even put a tiny pinch of pellets in and every one of them went for the food so no one seems stressed from the journey to Michigan. Once I turn the light on later tonight or tomorrow I will post some pictures of them. Feels great to finally see fish swimming in the tank.

ah, you can't post that and still no fish. I'm going to be checking first thing in the morning. Totally living my aquarium fix through your Fish tank.

They are still very young so some of them haven't turned the colors they will be when adults yet. Once they get about 1-2" longer they will really have some bright colors. You can see some of them are just starting to get colors and some are still too young to have colors just yet but it won't take very long.

fish1u.jpg

fish2i.jpg

fish3e.jpg

fish4cr.jpg

fish5.jpg

fish6.jpg

fish7b.jpg

fish8.jpg

fish9.jpg

fish10.jpg

fish11k.jpg

fish12.jpg

Someone else likes the fish as well lol....

fish13.jpg