Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Most used hook?

Was thinking about popular hooks styles today and am curious what everybody would consider the hook that they use most often.

Mine would have to be the Daiichi 2220 size 2. Seems perfect for my big smallmouth streamers and is razor sharp.

Well today I went through around 50 #12 3399 Mustad nymph hooks and that finished my supply of them. These are nice old tough hooks. Gonna have to get more of them.

Allen fly 100 dry fly hook in probably #10 ecause I tie flies for trout and bluegill with them. I also use a lot ofmustad popper hooks too in size 4

I read this a few days ago , and have been thinking about the question, but can't say that I have a single hook that I use most.

Here's some I use a lot for bass & saltwater flies.

Mustad 3407 & 34007, size 8 to 5/0

VMC/Rapala 9255, size 4 to 5/0 ( I actually like these better than the Mustad's, they're stronger & sharper!)

Gamakatsu, Owner & Mustad straight shank worm hooks, various model#'s. Primarily size 1/0 & 2/0

VMC 6319 Wide Gap Worm Hook - super for tying large streamers where you want the hook point up, without added weight! Has a longer front section than most worm hooks, ideal for tying!