Fly Tying
mike15851

FTD Xmas Box

anyone get theirs yet? According to the tracking info I should have mine today or monday. I got my first one last year and was very pleased with it, so I bought 2 this year, one for me and one for my dad.

I just received mine today, and wow there's a lot of stuff in there.

On another note can anyone share a few patterns that I could tie with it? I just started tying about a month or so ago and not sure what I can do with all of it. I'm really interested in warmwater patterns as there's not too much trout around me.

I just received mine today, and wow there's a lot of stuff in there.

On another note can anyone share a few patterns that I could tie with it? I just started tying about a month or so ago and not sure what I can do with all of it. I'm really interested in warmwater patterns as there's not too much trout around me.

Hi HalS,

I think that a lot of the FTD stuff is unique, but similar to other materials that are out there. I'm still trying to figure out what I could do with about half of it. My suggestion would be to find patterns that you want to tie that are effective in your area, then substitute the FTD materials. For example the flash and various synthetic hairs would be great for large or small poppers or streamers. Experiment and have fun, and don't forget to post some pictures of your results.

Mike.