Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

This, is my first ever trout. Caught today, on a montana nymph. Hour and 45 minutes, managed to get the bite, despite my incredibly cack handed casting and the high winds. Well pleased :)

IMG433_zpsdba6390e.jpg

Didn't weigh or measure before I released it safe. But that net is a 24" net :)

thank you Piker! I didn't even feel the take but as soon as the hook set it was off. You're right there, they fight awesomely :)

Those are pretty fish, wavey and smallie.

Here's what I caught today. The bream bite was on in the St. Johns River ... but most of them were small. I got these pictures of the four different kinds I caught.

I believe this one is aptly named a Redbreast ... but it could be a Long Eared Sunfish, too. I am not sure.

Copper Nosed Bluegill

Spotted Sunfish

Rock bass, or Goggle eye, depending what part of Indiana you're from.

Most of these fish have local names all over the country, so my apologies if I didn't name them what you are used to calling them.

Got to hit the beach this AM. Ths surf was small, it was nice since it has been large, surf fly fishing is hard, big waves really hard. Hooked up with this guy. Barred surf perch not large, but super fun, like bluegill on crack.
Surf fishin' Central California coast.

post-33030-0-29971800-1366678892_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple pictures from Saturday. Not a big brown but my first underwater pictures with my new camera. Next time I'll 1) move the fish out of water I've stirred up and 2) be sure my shadow isn't covering part of the fish :) In retrospect it was obvious but I was enjoying fishing so much I'm just glad I remembered to take the pictures. The brown fell for an olive soft hackle, which is in his mouth in the first pic. Thankfully he didn't mind that the head on the fly is a bit too big.

P4200172_zps6e150396.jpg

P4200174_zps56ab17f3.jpg

This, is my first ever trout. Caught today, on a montana nymph. Hour and 45 minutes, managed to get the bite, despite my incredibly cack handed casting and the high winds. Well pleased smile.png

IMG433_zpsdba6390e.jpg

Didn't weigh or measure before I released it safe. But that net is a 24" net smile.png

Congrats!!!! GOOD fish!

Hey SmallieFanatic! GREAT fish! Beswt pic I've seen all spring, young man.

Hey thanks!

Can't tell you how great it is to see you on here, it's been a while for me since I participated on this here forum.

Fishing on the St. Johns River today ...

Caught a bunch of these ...

And a few bass, a couple of gar ... basically a great day on the water.

Caught my first bass and first bluegill of the year on my 5wt. Caught 20+ fish in all. A very nice evening at the secret lake! That poor fly has caught dozens of rainbows and a 16" brown this month, plus all the fish today.428692_10151410483601818_567228048_n.jpg