Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

P.G. what is that fish you're holding in the green tee? it looks like a cross between a carp and a panfish. Very nice bass btw.

P.G. beautiful bass ... some of those are hawgs!!!

Joe ... I'll answer for P.G. ... that's a tilapia. They are a blast when you can get one to hit. They're primarily vegetarian, so it's hard to entice them. But they will run things off their nests ... that's the best time to try for them. I guess they'll pick up the odd bug here and there, too ... but it's not consistent.

P.G. beautiful bass ... some of those are hawgs!!!

Joe ... I'll answer for P.G. ... that's a tilapia. They are a blast when you can get one to hit. They're primarily vegetarian, so it's hard to entice them. But they will run things off their nests ... that's the best time to try for them. I guess they'll pick up the odd bug here and there, too ... but it's not consistent.

so thats what one of those look like,... pretty friggin ugly...

Yeah ... tasty. They don't fight for a long time, but while they are fighting, think of a bluegill on steroids.

Pyramid lake yesterday..

The big one we estimated at 8-9 pounds.

post-45335-0-47795100-1426174879_thumb.jpg

post-45335-0-50302300-1426174969_thumb.jpg

Finally had a good day there after many days of slow fishing, throughout the day I landed another 7 fish one other a little bit smaller than the one in the picture.. It's amazing what a little weather can do for that lake..

Ladder fishing in Pyramid Lake. It's one of my wish list destinations, because I do a class near Stockton, which isn't TOO far away. But I would need both waders and a ladder, neither of which do I want to try getting on a plane.

Beautiful fish you got there.

Thanks mike. Yeah it's an interesting fishery, you'll wanna have waders at least, there's some spots where you don't really need a ladder though. If you ever are in Stockton decide make the trek lemme know. Maybe I'll meet you out there, I might even bring an extra ladder!

The season's over for this year. I am packing up to go home now.

There is supposed to be a 3 week government class sometime this summer, so I might get to come out that way when it's WARMER.

The season for pyramid runs from October through April. But there's still plenty of good trout fishing to be had all summer around these parts. If you make it out let me know, I got plenty of good spots up my sleeve

Nice browns Laxi, what flies are you using? Where abouts are fishing for them?

Flygirl, those are some of the most beautiful brookies I have ever seen, where are you fishing, what are you using, how are you fishing it?

I get walleye on buggers now and then in the Connecticut River and they can get pretty big it can be hard to get them up off the bottom with a 4 weight. I often get them on brown buggers fished deep. There is a deep hole right near where I live that usually has a few in it and I have had good luck dead drifting a white bugger from the riffle that feeds into the pool. It is tough fishing though because depending on flow it can be almost impossible to get the fly deep enough (high flow = water to fast, low flow = water too shallow & fish not there).

Nice fish.

Some of the fish i caught in ontario this summer.

Those are some nice fish

That's is giant rock bass for Ontario, nice smallie as well