Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

I don't normally take pics but this brute came in at 32" and fought an epic battle so took a quick shot before reviving him. It was such a nice fish, took me into my backing once and even a few tail dances! I learned a new trick of putting the net strap around your foot so it doesn't float away and yup it came off my foot and floated away. I looked at the fish and he wasn't ready so I figured I could always get a new net. This is the last picture I will ever have of that net.

Wow - heck of a fish! It looks like you took a mounted fish from a mantle in some fishing lodge and stuck it in the water!

Nice one Morrowboarder! Got no idea what a bowfin is? Looks like a seatrout/pike pearch mix alittle! How do you like fishing from the cayach? I imagine you can move farther quicker than a float tube?

Adam ... here's a couple of pictures of Bowfin from last year or so.

It's a very ancient fish.

Nice one Morrowboarder! Got no idea what a bowfin is? Looks like a seatrout/pike pearch mix alittle! How do you like fishing from the cayach? I imagine you can move farther quicker than a float tube?

Love fishing from the yak. My only complaint is my back after 4 hours sitting and the waves you can produce rocking it while fly casting. It's not a problem when it's a little windy out, but when the water is glass, I definitely can make some noise.

I almost wish I didn't have two bags of Sunfish fillets in the freezer.

I've been catching dozens of large Spotted Sunfish and Coppernosed Bluegill.

I didn't get any more pics of the Spotted, but here's one of the large CNBs from yesterday.

Here are some of the Bull Trout I cought during the hunt this past weekend.

IMG_20150419_000601_zpserqhngg0.jpg

IMG_20150418_235949_zpsazo1pcqc.jpg

IMG_20150419_000032_zpsqdgk47wy.jpg

IMG_20150419_190941_zpssd1l8ezj.jpg

I've fished around Lemon Bluff a number of times for shad. Great stretch of water. Always wanted to go chase 'gills there, never did though.

I lived in Melbourne for 12-13 yrs. The Headwaters of the St Johns will always have a special place in my heart. I spent many many days South of lake Hell-n-Blazes. As much as I love the 'Glades I really need to get back on the St Johns sometime.

Again, nice fish.