Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Wanted to share a new video of a trip to Piru Creek outside of LA. Pretty Nice little creek caught some good little rainbows. Check out the video to see what LA trout fishing is like.

No catching ... but I did get out and do some cold weather fly fishing today. Since I am standing on ice ... does this count as "ice fishing"?

Oh, and for all of you who evilly wished for me to experience iced up guides ... thanks.

At least there were geese flying buy.

Got one fish today. I tried two different spots on the Dupage River, West Branch ... and three different places on the Fox River between Geneva and St. Charles.

Here's the fish ...

One Creek Chub, caught on a pearl minnow.

But I did find a bunch of these under one piece of wood I could get to.

So I am going to attempt some scuds tonight, with what I have on hand.

I think I might have found some carp to go after ... just as it was getting too dark. Sunday's targets, then.

It's been about 4 decades since I had to clean ice off my guides. Not a "virgin", but definitely not "used" to doing it.

Today, I was almost able to take off the jackets and coats. Almost.

I did find a spot with some fish ...

I am the Creek Chub master !!!

Special day yesterday. Somehow managed to catch this 32" pike out of the bow river in Calgary. Those of you who know the bow river will know that its an amazing trout river, not a pike river. Very few pike ever come out of this river as they are very rare in it, especially as far up as Calgary. So this was a pleasant surprise that i defiantly wasn't expecting. Along with some eagle and killdeer pictures, it was pretty awesome day.

P2056525.JPG

P2056517.JPG

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

I bet you thought you had a monster trout at first? That eagle looks damn cool!

Yes i did. I saw a flash of color far out in the river and I first though i had a really nice brown. It was kind of disappointing at first as i though i was hooked up with a 30" brown, but in the end i was very happy and cant complain with a fish like this.

I only got an hour or so on the water this morning. Caught a bass about 3 pounds, before I started the video ... you can see the ramp in the background (end of the film). Video is of the Crappie I caught.

Water levels on the St. Johns have fluctuated and are pretty high right now. I'm having a hard time finding fish before the winds pick up too much.

Only got one picture worthy Bluegill today.