Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Well ... I promised video from Milwaukee, and here they are. It's been off and on rain the whole week, but I did manage to get back out.

Milwaukee River ... if I had more time, I'd definitely spend a lot of it on this river. If you find yourself goign to Milwaukee ... it's worth a wading trip to see what jumps your offering. I've no doubt there are larger fish in there.

This afternoon, I stopped at Wilson Park. Beautiful little pond, with limited access because of all the trees. I think that might be why there seem to be a lot more fish in this pond than others I visited.

Sorry, the bass was on a BPS Sticko. Most of the pond is not fly fishing friendly, with trees all around.

I don't know, Chuck. I didn't see any signs saying "no" to that.

If I ever go up there for a two week period (giving me a weekend of fishing), I'll be wading that pond, if possible.

Love messing with the spotted tilapia, take some drag if there's no slack !!

Also there's my buddy with his first fish on his own hand tied fly, guess who taught him !

post-59033-0-48303200-1474833009_thumb.jpgpost-59033-0-69321000-1474833036_thumb.jpg

Here are a few of the best from Tuesday afternoon. Lost a couple of bigger ones.

Got them on white flies. Rubber legged dragon, Only, boa yarn leech.

Rick

post-34830-0-82518300-1475175549_thumb.jpg

Nice Rick. It'll be another month or 2 before I start chasing crappie here on lake o. Last couple years have been off the charts. I haven't really targeted them with a fly yet.

I love it when the Crappie start hitting ("Specks" is the local name for them). Nothing like that here, yet.

I did catch a bunch of these this week ...

... still hard to find the big ones in the water temps we're having.

I am always surprised when I see aquatic insects here. In a stream, you can kick them up from the bottom and see them all the time. But here, they're a little harder to spot. So, when I saw this one sitting on top of this pad ... I had to take some pictures.

I'm not sure if it was dying, or getting ready to become a dragon fly ... so I put the leaf right back where I found it.

Second, third, and one thousandth cast produced. Otherwise, nada. This guy was a SCRAPPER

post-52832-0-71507700-1475390041_thumb.jpg

Oh, and landed me a 6" Black Series Death Trooper!

post-52832-0-18721100-1475390015_thumb.jpg