Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Landed an Oscar yesterday after hurricane shutters were up. I haven't seen one of these in years.

post-59266-0-62915800-1475809791_thumb.jpg

Good deal flats. They were the only exotics we had here around lake o growing up. Long before the cichlids and tilapia showed up.

You look like a bandit in that picture Flats!:-) Would that Oscar be the fish that is someway related to the perhana? If so, my brother used to have two of them in a fish tank & feed them live small fish!

Maybe I am Adam; )

Found a bunch of mullet off the beach this morning and saw this guy. There was 3 and they were patrolling right in front of me lol. Can't understand why some people freak out and want to kill all of them :(

post-59033-0-91850200-1476129978_thumb.gif

Would that Oscar be the fish that is someway related to the perhana? If so, my brother used to have two of them in a fish tank & feed them live small fish!

Pacu ... that's the fish that's related to the Piranha. The mouth looks like a Piranha's, but doesn't have the razor-edged teeth.

The Oscars have a mouth structure more like a bass or sunfish.

Found a bunch of mullet off the beach this morning and saw this guy. There was 3 and they were patrolling right in front of me lol. Can't understand why some people freak out and want to kill all of them sad.png

If there were three of them, I'd think they were Porpoise, not sharks. I've seen a lot of Porpoise up around Daytona Beach, swimming and hunting in small packs like that. Very few sharks do that.

But I do agree with you on the killing part. Too many people killing too many sharks just because they are sharks. Millions a year ... just one of the many reasons Wife and I hate people.