Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

post-55238-0-73287400-1491229701_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-21732200-1491229723_thumb.jpg Piker20! I have 2, the Guideline drifter & drifter evolution with oars! Got the drifter some 4 years ago when it first came out, sit higher then their first model! Asked my friend in shop prices for a pontoon boat last spring, 1000euros was never gonna happen, then Guideline brought out the model with oars, got it for 1/3 of pontoon price! Makes it easy when you go fare! Both Guideline models have a iner & outer blader on each side, good safty feature!

I can understand chasing trout, when the specimens are so colored. Very pretty fish, C LeBo.

I can understand chasing trout, when the specimens are so colored. Very pretty fish, C LeBo.

u

Thanks, Mike. I'm very lucky to have this practically in my backyard.

post-55238-0-04327400-1491489145_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-87846400-1491489190_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-83268600-1491489224_thumb.jpg Got out yesturday after work for pike in the tube, windy! Had one on but lost it on the strip set! Then snaped my rod doing something stupid! Trip over! Went out today after work with other rod, windy again, lost one on the strip set, got a small one 68cm, lost 2 more on strip sets, got another 80cm that was angry & bit me while putting my fingers in it's gills! Trip over! Lucky i was close to shore & my van!

Couple of nice Pike !!!

You quit because of a little flesh wound?

You need to take some lessons on "soldiering on" !!!

How about this.

You don't put your hands in the gills, the fish will have a much better of surviving (If you hold it right), and you won't get cut like that. Just some good for thought

I think Adam meant chinning the fish. Not actually through gill plates but using the opening along the bottom jaw. I always carried superglue when Pike fishing and after a quick clean seal up the lacerations with glue and can carry on.

Piker20! I have 2, the Guideline drifter & drifter evolution with oars!

Do you find the tube stable enough with oars or does it rock slightly as you row?? I have visions of the tube tipping back and forth as opposed to moving? Or is it quite effortless?

post-55238-0-67473300-1491550979_thumb.jpg Piker20 is wright Flats, here you can almost see the 2 openings under the jaw, gills was the wrong word! Nothing wrong with dragging a pike on your lap that way with other hand under the belly! Hundreds of thousands of gill nets get used here by comercial & recreational fishermen! Piker20! It feels very stable, could be the inner & outer bladers? Slight feeling of wanting to get pulled out of the seat when you pull the oars towards you! Line sometimes gets caught around handle when oars are locked on sides when not in use, only put them on when going fare! Can easily take them off & leave them on the shore when i get to a hot spot!

Um, I like the idea of the oars if the weather turns and you need a bit more oomph. Something to add to the wish list after we move and the wife spends all the money on kitchens and bathrooms and flooring and...........