Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Thanks 5, I had a great morning (3 hours). Also those 2 pictures are of the same fish the first one caught. I can't see posting 15 pics of similar fish as they were all rainbows. I don't want to come across as bragging. Especially since these fish are from a stocking last Tuesday and holding in a small pool, easy pickins but still fun.

I'm really surprised that they are stocked trout. The colors are so vibrant and fins look so intact and healthy. Usually trout stocked at that size are no where near as nice looking as those are. What state do you live in that stocks them like that? They must really have a good stocking program that takes good care of their stock that's for sure.

Usually trout stocked at that size are no where near as nice looking as those are.

They sell an additive you can put in your aquarium that makes fish colors more vibrant. Maybe those stockers were treated with that same stuff before they were released!

I know it's NOT that ... but that was the thought that ran through my head when I read your post.

Thanks 5, I had a great morning (3 hours). Also those 2 pictures are of the same fish the first one caught. I can't see posting 15 pics of similar fish as they were all rainbows. I don't want to come across as bragging. Especially since these fish are from a stocking last Tuesday and holding in a small pool, easy pickins but still fun.

I'm really surprised that they are stocked trout. The colors are so vibrant and fins look so intact and healthy. Usually trout stocked at that size are no where near as nice looking as those are. What state do you live in that stocks them like that? They must really have a good stocking program that takes good care of their stock that's for sure.

Massachusetts, Mass. wildlife (DEP) does a great job growing and stocking. The river these fish are in was at 37 CFS when they were caught (low & slow) it rained hard last nite that river is at 344 CFS this morning. Those fish will be spread out I am happy for that. Guys come from surrounding states come here to fish for our fat and colorful fish because their fish look like eels.

Awesome, sounds like Ma is a good program out there. Here in Mi our DNR doesn't know which way is up. They stock trout in the Au Sable at 5"....you know what happens to 5" trout in a river that has 15"-28" browns right? Might as well ring the dinner bell before stocking. Glad we pay for food to be dumped in the river dry.png lol

According to your thread, "CRAZY FISHING TRIP!", you went fishing less than three weeks ago. A lot of people don't get out more than once every few months.

I couldn't exist if I didn't fish at least once a week, ha. I just retired this year and I'm able to go whenever I want to; as long as the gas money holds out. I'm lucky.