Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

As usual, GC, beautiful fish and good pictures.

Got out before the wind ... same place as Monday.  Variety of fish, and a few impressive sizes for the species.

Thanks Mike. And you know I enjoy watching your videos, they are what fishing is all about, and you are still as smooth as ever with the hooksets.

Thanks Steve its 1 of 2 this morning,fooled them in a fast run with a #12 black spider.

8 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

needs to get a fence repair guy out asap

Yeah ... the St. Johns River is so variable.  Right now, it is about 10 feet below flood stage ... maybe 4 feet below "normal.   It's pretty obvious, along the river banks, which people can actually afford their dwellings, and which ones are barely making ends meet KEEPING the property.

Hopefully, they'll get that fixed before the Summer rains raising the water levels again.

The last one was a Warmouth.  There've been days on that pond when it seemed Warmouth were ALL that I caught.  (I've got video, but off the top of my head, I don't remember if I caught other species on those days)  They fight really hard at first, but give up quickly.

I thought that might be what it was but wasn't sure. Looks somewhat like what we call a rock bass around these parts. Not sure if its the same thing or related or not.

A rainy Memorial weekend spoiled the boat plans. But managed to get a few cast from the bank between showers today. I was hoping to jump a snook, but this decent little bass was quite fun on the buggy whip before a downpour sent me home.

835DC336-F692-4FDE-AB47-659D49ABFB6A.jpeg

614619A9-C843-42FF-9E50-FA8C1FCBCBC6.jpeg