Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Wow!  I am not sure I'd be happy without YouTube.  That's a slow connection if you can't play video.  Sorry.  You'll be back home all too soon, you can watch then, if you so desire.

No snook. Had a couple big followers, but no takes.  The gills I had to work for.  Finally found some eating size around 11. Released  a bunch of small ones, big cichlids and a channel cat. Missed hooking up on some schooling sunshine bass, that came and went before I knew it.

As I was making my way towards the ramp, I noticed a stretch of fallen trees in a rocky bank  Working around, and between them I Picked up 7 good bluegill. Just enough for mom and dad’s dinner. 

CEE3FA3A-2589-4F42-B6A4-E5A540832501.jpeg

7D46DB43-6658-4ED9-B556-ADB8A190B062.jpeg

96ACEC8F-3BD5-4326-84D5-7B8D45A6E357.jpeg

FC07FD39-FC5C-4221-AEB7-6236634DB2E9.jpeg

B62EE813-6BA3-425A-8D14-0CFEDC8996E7.jpeg

16 hours ago, mikechell said:

Wow!  I am not sure I'd be happy without YouTube.  That's a slow connection if you can't play video.  Sorry.  You'll be back home all too soon, you can watch then, if you so desire.

It's a combination of the slow wifi connection plus the 10 yr old laptop I take on trips with me. Even at home I have issue with load time for vids on this laptop. I hardly use this at home though since I mainly use my desktop pc.

Some nice looking gills caloosa bug. And thats a pretty sunny there flymanaj. Hard to beat a nice sized sunny for panfish.

I have problems distinguishing Smallmouth Bass from Red Eye Bass.  Which on is that, Flymanaj, if you know?

Beautiful Longeared Sunfish.  I used to catch those in Texas.  I don't think we actually have that species here in Central Florida.

5 hours ago, mikechell said:

I have problems distinguishing Smallmouth Bass from Red Eye Bass.  Which on is that, Flymanaj, if you know?

Beautiful Longeared Sunfish.  I used to catch those in Texas.  I don't think we actually have that species here in Central Florida.

It's a Smallmouth mike. I am fortunate enough to live near some of the best smallmouth waters that you could hope for.

Two trips on one video, again.

And for "No-video" Steve ...  Red Breast Sunfish

Red Breast Sunfish.jpg

Copper Nose Blugill

Copper Nosed Bluegill.jpg

6 hours ago, mikechell said:

Two trips on one video, again.

And for "No-video" Steve ...  Red Breast Sunfish

Copper Nose Blugill

Hey Mr., nice video, The red breast and the copper nose back to back were kind of cool. It sounds like the cicadas are emerging in your neck of the woods. I never noticed you wearing your auto life jacket before (good on ya). We do it too, every time we are on the water.

I didn't used to wear the PFD, Mark.  About 10 years ago (give or take), I hit a wakeboard boat's waves while running at about half speed.  Spit me out of my boat like I'd jumped on a trampoline.  Didn't have my engine lanyard on either.  The engine dropped to idle and kicked to one side, so it was circling.  I tried to grab it on the way by a couple of times, but I was running out of stamina and if I didn't get to shallow water, I was going to drown.  I swam for shore, and was going under for the last time when my toes touched bottom.  I was able to bounce for air, and step my way to shallower water ... escaped death by less than 12 inches, is the way I feel.  A foot deeper water, and i don't think I'd have been able to bounce up for air like that.

The wakeboard guys notice the boat, and were able to "corral" it.  So, all luckily worked out in the end.

I've worn my lanyard and PFD EVERY TIME and ALL THE TIME I'm in the boat ever since.