Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

1 hour ago, Steeldrifter said:

a wild brookie is the only 6" fish you can catch and be totally happy with!

Some people just don't get it, and I can't explain it.  

12 hours ago, niveker said:

I use to know a buddy that was one of those types of people. If I trout was not 18"+ then he would basically act like it was not even worth catching. He just couldn't see the beauty in a fish, was all about the size for him.

Couple dozen pond stockers outa State lake on spider/ popper rig.   Amazing they are trying to spawn aready.  We’ve had so much rain da dang fish gonna drown....

8DF52B50-8775-4960-829C-506260EACA8E.jpeg

07E27663-BB1C-494D-8265-B67B47610E00.jpeg

D67E44C7-7030-4C70-BCD6-1A45A2B7B0CC.jpeg

B78BB39F-4F12-4B90-BF93-0A03EBF05F07.jpeg

9 hours ago, denduke said:

Couple dozen pond stockers outa State lake on spider/ popper rig.   Amazing they are trying to spawn aready.  We’ve had so much rain da dang fish gonna drown....

8DF52B50-8775-4960-829C-506260EACA8E.jpeg

07E27663-BB1C-494D-8265-B67B47610E00.jpeg

D67E44C7-7030-4C70-BCD6-1A45A2B7B0CC.jpeg

B78BB39F-4F12-4B90-BF93-0A03EBF05F07.jpeg

That looks like some good eating to me.

14 hours ago, denduke said:

Couple dozen pond stockers

Nice bucket of fish.  Good to see you post and know you're still alive and kicking

Now ...

D67E44C7-7030-4C70-BCD6-1A45A2B7B0CC.jpe

That's the most beautiful fish in the country.  Thanks for that picture, Denduke.

12 hours ago, mikechell said:

Now ...

D67E44C7-7030-4C70-BCD6-1A45A2B7B0CC.jpe

That's the most beautiful fish in the country.  Thanks for that picture, Denduke.

It is a beautiful fish.

Here are a few pics from my last two days down at Flamingo with fly anglers..

mW9j6aU.jpg

didn't want his picture taken...

TdowfY7.jpg

this young goliath grouper came up off the bottom in seven feet of water to take my angler's tarpon fly - then do it's best to get back to cover... quite a fight...

klnKhGp.jpg

mangrove snapper on the fly

B7GuYmw.jpg

speckled trout on a clouser

Lots of tarpon around now but most of them ignored our flies with the exception of one we   broke off on the strike.. The speckled trout have shown up in good numbers - every cast is a bite when you find them... The mangrove snapper ate a fly meant for a snook... We're finding lots of young snook now up inside but the bigger fish have been hard to find in high windy conditions.... After the tarpon ignored our flies one 50 to 60lb fish was hooked up on spinning gear and fought to the skiff...

pefIjA1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Capt Bob LeMay said:

mW9j6aU.jpg

TdowfY7.jpg

this young goliath grouper came up off the bottom in seven feet of water to take my angler's tarpon fly - then do it's best to get back to cover... quite a fight...

klnKhGp.jpg

B7GuYmw.jpg

Lots of tarpon around now but most of them ignored our flies with the exception of one we   broke off on the strike.. The speckled trout have shown up in good numbers - every cast is a bite when you find them... The mangrove snapper ate a fly meant for a snook... We're finding lots of young snook now up inside but the bigger fish have been hard to find in high windy conditions.... After the tarpon ignored our flies one 50 to 60lb fish was hooked up on spinning gear and fought to the skiff...

pefIjA1.jpg

Nice!!!

1 hour ago, Capt Bob LeMay said:

extra large mylar piping cord

Very cool.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:50 AM, niveker said:

Had a few hours yesterday morning. All the larger rivers here are pretty full, so I decided to visit a smaller brook.  Found a few wild Easter brookies that were willing to play. Always amazed at the beauty of little guys. 

IMG-20220416-092449.jpg

IMG-20220416-090802.jpg

IMG-20220416-085356-01.jpg

IMG-20220416-085457.jpg

Happy Easter to all

Nice Brookie!  lots of #16 stones this spring.

On 4/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, niveker said:

Thankfully most don't get it-   😃 

18 hours ago, DFoster said:

Thankfully most don't

True.  I have never seen anyone fishing on this brook in this section, only a few miles south of here.  If it weren't for finding a fly stuck in a branch a few years ago, I would think no one ever does.