Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

post-51246-0-79077900-1494191270_thumb.jpgpost-51246-0-36643800-1494191273_thumb.jpg

I went out early yesterday, so early i had to wait for some daylight so i could see my own feet.
Caught two nice seatrout (searun brown trout) before sunrise.

Attempted to tie a Pole Dancer.

I'm thinking I need more weight in the tail.

It didn't walk very well, but fish didn't care.

post-47446-0-84703000-1494215836_thumb.jpg

post-47446-0-65191100-1494215924_thumb.jpg

Nice little bass. The fish are usually less "discerning" than we are. It's my belief, in many cases, what we consider flaws in the lure/fly's action, predators see as crippled movement.

FLdk those photo's make my blood run! Both the location and the fish. Enjoy, wish I was casting next to you.

Great morning one of many, good thing, nor'easter will be here for 2 days.

post-57957-0-53038800-1494524469_thumb.jpg

First outing with a DIY furled leader. Ended up a foot short of what I had intended, but, performed well.

post-52832-0-36259800-1494652272_thumb.jpg

So, I was out yesterday for about 5 hours. I caught 4 bass, each over 15 pounds ... 3 gar that were longer than my 14 foot jon boat ... a few dozen Bluegill, each well over 3 pounds ... and I saved some people from their burning house boat buy tilting my outboard and using the spray to put out the fire.

Of course, after clearing the SD card from Saturday's trip, I forgot to put it back in the GoPro, so there's no video of any of that !!! You'll just have to believe me !!!

But, I do have that video from Saturday, with the usual batch of colorful little fish from the St. Johns River.

Have you employed a Friday to pilot the boat or is there something next to you? At about 1.26 it looked like the boat accelerated past the log or is it just camera trickery.

Mike,

I believe it all !! I just have to know what kind of outboard you run in case I ever run into a similar situation. Do you think that my 1972 two horse Johnson would do the job? I know that fisherman don't lie. LOL Good story.

Les

I don't think so, Lesg. Don't take anything less than a 15 Hp to a house boat fire.

I remembered the GoPro ... AND the SD card.

The last five minutes of the video is just the run back to the ramp, so don't watch that part if you're not interested.

A Mass. hybrid tiger trout, a nice one look close whats that in his mouth yes a olive&chartreuse mop fly.

post-57957-0-57367300-1495059610_thumb.jpg