Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Houndfish with bass? Never heard of that before...

Been seeing more and more in the lake every year. Especially at night crappie fishing with lights and minnows. Aggravating sob's.

post-57957-0-41131400-1528142441_thumb.jpg Fooled 2 browns this morning with a #16 Nymph. post-57957-0-54721200-1528142472_thumb.jpgCatch and post-57957-0-07842600-1528142499_thumb.jpgRelease.

Nice spec Islander.

Are these usually available for you, or are they seasonal?

I can catch them year round. Winter is usually the best time in my area.

Nice spec Islander.

Are these usually available for you, or are they seasonal?

I can catch them year round. Winter is usually the best time in my area.

They are not common in Delaware but they can be found a little further South for me in Virginia.

Cold stun was responsible for killing more specs in Virginia and North Carolina than normal this year.

Finally was able to get out to the local lakes. Fish was aggressive and colorful. Pan sized here and fat.

20180609_124515_zpsolmp7mfw.jpg

On a size #14 elk hair caddis

20180609_122358_zpsiqwfpokc.jpg

Not pictured was 3 bass on a fox tail streamer size #6 because I waded out over my belt deep and had no place for the phone. All was catch and release.

Tom that's the same species of sunfish we have most often here, don't get very big but they have beautiful colors.

I too, finally got out there and caught a fish. Actually caught two.

Not as pretty as that Pumpkinseed, Tom ... the the first one had some weight to it.

Was fun considering it was breezy but cast need not be too far to get attention. Left after 2 hours because I realized I left my wallet at home and hoped I didnt lose it in the lake. Last check was home and it was by my vise lol.

Nice video mikechell. 1st did put a little bend on your rods back. I think mine had nice color as the water is crystal clear with sand bottom. Yours mike was in what looked to be darker waters.

Either way its good to get out and put the flies tied this winter to use.

Tied more elk hair caddiss size #12 as a few bass came to check out the #14 size. Might prompt some action with slightly bigger and flashier bodies.

And people say brook trout are pretty, but nothing beats a male pumpkinseed in spawning colors. Were you fishing an old sand pit, Tom? I caught this pumpkinseed up in the Poconos, a clear lake with a high tannic content, weedy bottom. It's interesting how the environment affects the fish color.

post-309-0-08601100-1528678670_thumb.jpg

Finally got some time off work to do a little fishing. Caught 11 all about this size on a purple/black wooly bugger, my son caught 10 but his were a little bigger and on spin cast tackle.

post-54336-0-66633400-1528685048_thumb.jpg

post-54336-0-47350600-1528685160_thumb.jpg

Philly. It’s not a sand pit to my knowledge. Way too close to the rancocaus creek in Willingboro. Has many islands about 7 in it. Only a fool would dig a sand pit that close and nearly ground level elevation for water line. The water is clear and filtered water from the creek which is murky and you can’t see an inch in the creek. Nice fish btw. Love the colors.

Very nice bass pear tree.