Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Snake Head. Where are you catching those, smbeck?

This is in Central Maryland. They've just arrived in this stretch of the river and will be here into July before disappearing back to wherever they winter.

It was too nice yesterday not to fish. So I headed out to a private section of Chester Creek that's owned by the fly shop I frequent. They stock the section for members of their club. Caught my first trout of the season on a tan mop fly.

post-309-0-38264900-1556123313_thumb.jpg

About 14-15 inches long.

Missed a couple of other trout. Had some sunfish nipping at the fly. And had a bass follow a large chartreuse mop fly.

It was a good day to be on the water.

Just for information's sake ... I had to see if I could determine how long that pond has had water. Google Earth provided the answer:

March, 2017

Home pond 3-2017.jpg

That year, we had some good hurricane action. No damage in our area, but much needed rain.

As of January this year:

Home pond 1-2019.jpg

It's about a foot higher than it was then, with good rains this past Winter. But I was still able to wade the circumference without getting my belt loops wet.

Oh, our house is the one in the lower right corner.

i-dont-always-rub-salt-in-wounds-but-whe

That was just plain mean Mike !!! (coming from the still frozen north)

Just to add more salt to my wounds I woke up to fresh snow this morning. Global warming is killing me !!

I agree. 90 degrees is too hot for me but 50's or 60's would feel like a heat wave right now.

It's a very comfortable 60 to 70 for me right now. At 90 I stay indoors just like I do when it's snowing.

Mostly in the mid 70s here the ca foothills age great this time of year not long forward to the high 90's and low 100s that summer brings