Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Also posted in fishing trips, Gunnison, CO. Hit a size 12 orange stimulator like a ton of bricks. 21"er. From the Gunnison River. Released and revived after the photo. 

10765.jpg

5 hours ago, Sandan said:

Also posted in fishing trips, Gunnison, CO. Hit a size 12 orange stimulator like a ton of bricks. 21"er. From the Gunnison River. Released and revived after the photo. 

Wow, vice fish Mr.

One of the few browns and small brookies from this past, slow Saturday morning, caught with a yellow nymph that has been in my box from who knows how long,  before I began tying.  

IMG-20200801-073114.jpg

IMG-20200801-073348.jpg

21 hours ago, niveker said:

@Justin H - yeah, I threw it on as a lark, was kinda surprised when I got a hit.  

Where's dem brookies? As an ex-upstate NYer, I sure do miss those speckled trout.  

On 8/4/2020 at 6:26 PM, Sandan said:

Where's dem brookies? As an ex-upstate NYer, I sure do miss those speckled trout.  

I'm not much of a picture taker, but I've got a short camping trip in the Green Mts of Vermont this week-end, will try to do better with the Brookie pics - LOL.

1 hour ago, niveker said:

I'm not much of a picture taker, but I've got a short camping trip in the Green Mts of Vermont this week-end, will try to do better with the Brookie pics - LOL.

please. Have a great time in the Green Mts.

I took the kayak to a little backwater pond for pike this morning. Not much for size today, but there was good numbers and a few chunky bass.

1236506101_MediumPike.thumb.jpg.0a9047b61173aea4ade9880cd257d800.jpg

1300526370_LittlePike.thumb.jpg.b1dcb4b81a1394f11aec412c505acdfc.jpg

20200813_074734.thumb.jpg.ec77764da91b451a5c2f44bc74417a0d.jpg

Also, not a fish but a neat picture anyways, the old bridge across the river at the parking lot. The pike pond is a little bit upstream plus a portage through the woods.

Bridge.thumb.jpg.a571fbaa11cae99cdca99208600045d6.jpg

Well ... I DID find a creek that was down and clear enough to fish.  Two, actually.  Unfortunately, my batteries kept dying, so I didn't get the largest fish (a Fallfish about 12 inches long) on the video.  Caught about 30 fish, all small ones like those in the video.  Hopefully, it was the charger's fault, and I'll have more, and better, fish on the video tomorrow.