Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

attachicon.gif2016-05-30 21.14.47.jpg

Absolutely fantastic day on my favorite Michigan smallmouth bass stream--this guy was the largest of about 20 fish hooked today. They are always so aggressive and full of fight at this time of year--as we get on into summer and the water warms up more, they go deep and when you do hook one the fight is less spirited. This guy ran like a scalded cat and jumped 3 times and took a bit of time to land on a 9' 8 wt. Gotta love springtime. smile.png

very sweet smallie

Quick like a cat with those hook sets Mike. Great stuff.

Thanks. I often feel like I am too slow. I miss strikes that feel solid but nothing on there when a pull. I KNOW a lot of those are Gar, they're everywhere. But sometimes, I really start doubting myself.

And then I get a good one on and remember ... even a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work. I love my job, but that phrase still stands true.

Got a pretty decent one yesterday, hasn't seen a bad in that lake/pond for a year then see one jump as I was driving by two days ago.

post-58401-0-74074400-1465574415_thumb.jpg

That second fish, Islander, looks like an "Archer Fish" from South America!

I know it's an invasive, but do you know what kind of fish it actually is?

That second fish, Islander, looks like an "Archer Fish" from South America!

I know it's an invasive, but do you know what kind of fish it actually is?

Mayan Cichlid. They can get to be about 1.5 lbs. Guilt free diner too if you like to keep fish, state wants them gone.

I fish often in the canals and I know that all of the garbage,waste,and stuff like that are dumped in the canals. Plus, scoop a cup of canal water and put it under a microscope ,and you would never want to even touch canal water... much less eat a fish that lived there. But hey,I'm not arguing. If you enjoy eating cichlids from canals,I am NOT stopping you. But I ain't gonna try it anytime soon

I eat fish from canals and haven't had any issues.I once ate fish out of the Eufrates river in Ramadi,Iraq and didn't even get sick.